News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

hooplala

Not bad, but Catwoman's costume looks retarded.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

I just wanted to remind everyone that someone actually thought this was a sensible thing to write:

And some equally idiotic people thought this was a good idea:

The Johnny

since all of you are obsessed with tumblr...

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Reginald Ret

The true reason I chose my nickname is finally revealed.

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Is this a safe space to admit that the hamburger gag turns me on more than a little?
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 07, 2015, 10:28:24 PM
Is this a safe space to admit that the hamburger gag turns me on more than a little?
Hell, this isn't even a safe space to admit you eat hamburgers.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Johnny

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 07, 2015, 10:28:24 PM

I could dress up like a Guantanamo Bay prison guard, have some foreplay like waterboarding... or if you are more into policemen, i could taser you and give you some "excessive force" in handcuffs... just think about it ;)

-B.F. Skinner

Bruno

Formerly something else...

rong

Quote from: Emo Howard on January 08, 2015, 02:45:44 AM
http://explosm.net/rcg

I don't even know why it's funny.

:lulz: :? :lulz: :? :lulz: :? :lulz:

does anyone know if there is anything like a formal humor analysis method?  something like sentence diagrams? 
i know there are different types of jokes - but they should, then, be classifiable, right?
i'm not having much luck with internet searches but it something i randomly get interested in and then forget about.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rong on January 08, 2015, 05:13:54 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on January 08, 2015, 02:45:44 AM
http://explosm.net/rcg

I don't even know why it's funny.

:lulz: :? :lulz: :? :lulz: :? :lulz:

does anyone know if there is anything like a formal humor analysis method?  something like sentence diagrams? 
i know there are different types of jokes - but they should, then, be classifiable, right?
i'm not having much luck with internet searches but it something i randomly get interested in and then forget about.

Yes, there are something like 3 major classes of jokes. I'll try to remember to dig my book out and give you some references to look for.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

All of them rely on incongruity or surprise.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."