News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

HOLY FUCKING SRIRACHA ICE CREAM SANDWICHES!

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, March 06, 2013, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Thai basil vanilla ice cream rolled in toasted coconut between two peanut butter/chocolate/Sriracha cookies.

I won't have time to make these for a while, but how could this possibly not be the most glorious thing you've put into your face (don't answer that)?

I haven't been this excited about food since I splattered hot bacon grease all over my arm.

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That looks pretty damn delicious, though I personally would leave out the chocolate.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

cant see it past the nannyway, but simply based on the title, i'm willing to bet it's mind bending!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Q. G. Pennyworth

Left

I'm thinking I can make a vegan adaptation of the cookies...
...Oh, yeah...coconut oil for the butter, mashed banana for the egg.
That's a LOT of fat though...I mean, DAMN that's a lot of fat!
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Cainad (dec.)

Okay, I didn't say anything at the time this was posted because I was ashamed of myself...

But that is too many goddamn flavors. I get that it's Thai and the flavors of basil, coconut, peanut, and sriracha go pretty well together in most cases, but I couldn't hack this weird freakazoid food monstrosity. Even minus the chocolate, it's too much.

This is no one's fault but my own, since I have never enjoyed the taste or texture of coconut except as fresh raw chunks carved out of the shell. On anything else, especially in shaved form, I find it distracting and unpleasant. Some things cooked with coconut milk are tolerable, if it's subtle enough.

So this recipe has broken me. It's a New Food Thing that I would be less-than-enthused to try.