News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on June 27, 2015, 11:32:24 PM

So...if God had been more equality minded, original sin and hell wouldn't exist?

I'm not convinced they entirely thought through the implications of that.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Cain on June 29, 2015, 04:53:44 PM

So...if God had been more equality minded, original sin and hell wouldn't exist?

Well, like many people, they've conflated Satan with Lucifer.

Lucifer didn't demand equal rights for the rest of the angels -- only for himself. So, it sort of misunderstands or misrepresents the position of rights movements. I'm unfamiliar with any rights movement that doesn't demand equality between two classes of people. When a single person demands rights equal to that of their superior, that's not usually called an equal rights movement -- that's usually called a coup, and the former superior gets executed or demoted pretty quickly afterward.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

minuspace

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on June 29, 2015, 09:49:11 PM

Lucifer didn't demand equal rights for the rest of the angels -- only for himself. So, it sort of misunderstands or misrepresents the position of rights movements. I'm unfamiliar with any rights movement that doesn't demand equality between two classes of people. When a single person demands rights equal to that of their superior, that's not usually called an equal rights movement -- that's usually called a coup, and the former superior gets executed or demoted pretty quickly afterward.
Thank you for clarifying that, I can't tell you how incensed I get having to always shoot down the disparagingly petty indignities hurled at me, over and over again.

Once upon a time, I may have misunderstood the ontology of my request, for which I paid dearly.  I did my time.  Now, no one really wants that lesson recapitulated, I think.

minuspace

I have not had any sleep in days, and last night my significant other's dog bit me on the eye-brow.  See what I mean...

The Johnny

Quote from: LuciferX on June 30, 2015, 12:48:39 AM
I have not had any sleep in days, and last night my significant other's dog bit me on the eye-brow.  See what I mean...

Maybe the dog got tired of your sonambulistic Parmedian ramblings and wanted to put an end to you?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

minuspace

Quote from: The Johnny on June 30, 2015, 12:52:47 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on June 30, 2015, 12:48:39 AM

Maybe the dog got tired of your sonambulistic Parmedian ramblings and wanted to put an end to you?

I know, so ironic, right?  Although I fear it may be that he misunderstands his position in the master bedroom, and so on.

[edit: *he responds with an involuntarily supercilious look*=]

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think that the claim that the one referred to as the morning star is meant to represent an angel at all is pretty tenuous.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Lucifer didn't demand equal rights for the rest of the angels -- only for himself. .

Source?
Molon Lube

minuspace

Trivial

Lucifer wasn't an angel, just some king who thought he was awesome and Isaiah's author was mocking him for being dead.

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

minuspace

Quote from: Klittra and the sybians on June 30, 2015, 05:45:35 AM
Lucifer wasn't an angel, just some king who thought he was awesome and Isaiah's author was mocking him for being dead.
That must provide a key to the irony of his story.  I mean, if he was mocked for having fallen, then his rising again in the morning must have been quite confusing.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

And, my favorite troll post of the moment:

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Rococo Modem Basilisk