News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red

Quote from: Alty on March 02, 2014, 06:19:07 PM
So it's back to Plan V! I am looking at a cargo van that will have good bedding (no hammock  :cry:), a sink, insulation, ventilation, and a portable toilet.

I actually have wanted to do this for years. Here's hoping my luck turns around and the van I buy lasts the summer!

Good luck! I have thought about buying a bus or maybe a hearse and retrofitting it into someplace cool to live even if for just a little while. The hearse would be more for touring, not living, due to tiny space. I didn't think about the idea of a cargo truck, but if it's insulated back there it would probably be cozy.

There's something alluring about the idea of living simply sometimes. Being able to pick up and go anywhere is also an awesome thing! Maybe I'll get around to it some day.

Have you started looking into RV parks or other places where you can get an electric hookup/water yet?

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on March 02, 2014, 08:18:57 PM
Quote from: Red on March 02, 2014, 08:21:07 AM
What are you writing?

I enjoy writing but don't know how to get into it professionally outside of the freelance ghostwriting I've been doing. The main issue with ghostwriting is I can't claim any of it which makes it kind of hard to get into other writing positions.

I'm writing bits of a role-playing game.  I don't want to get too into it and jinx the project.  I am learning that many writers are either flaky or drama queens.  I know which category I'm in!  :lulz:

Awww... good luck. Hopefully you'll get credited. Those joined RPG projects can get messy sometimes. Just look at what happened with D&D's early days. DRAAAMAAAAA!  :lulz:

Worst I've done is make my own campaigns. I used to love DMing, but my group has moved away so it sort of sucks. I need to make more nerd friends so we can go nerd it up.

Salty

Quote from: Cain on March 02, 2014, 07:23:25 PM
Will start uploading Youtube stuff again tomorrow.  Got another poll for DAO coming up, as well as three episodes of Dishonored...once I render and split them properly

Sweet. They are hypnotic. The Boy likes them too, but I keep him away from the blood.

I'll be watching Dishonored and his eyes will go wide with delight says, "What's that?"

"Uh, it's a video game movie. You can't watch it."
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Quote from: Red on March 02, 2014, 11:06:24 PM
Quote from: Alty on March 02, 2014, 06:19:07 PM
So it's back to Plan V! I am looking at a cargo van that will have good bedding (no hammock  :cry:), a sink, insulation, ventilation, and a portable toilet.

I actually have wanted to do this for years. Here's hoping my luck turns around and the van I buy lasts the summer!

Good luck! I have thought about buying a bus or maybe a hearse and retrofitting it into someplace cool to live even if for just a little while. The hearse would be more for touring, not living, due to tiny space. I didn't think about the idea of a cargo truck, but if it's insulated back there it would probably be cozy.

There's something alluring about the idea of living simply sometimes. Being able to pick up and go anywhere is also an awesome thing! Maybe I'll get around to it some day.

Have you started looking into RV parks or other places where you can get an electric hookup/water yet?

I got a book today, as well as one on BEAR ATTACKS and how to avoid them. I don't think I will need a water hookup. Just a big jug and a grey water bucket under a milkcrate sink. lol. It would be nice to get some good LiFePO4 batteries, but that will take time.

For a while it will be much like a rustic cabin.

I looked into a suburban for about two seconds. Just way too small and still gas hogs.

Salty

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on March 02, 2014, 08:15:01 AM
Ia m drunk and more relaxed, not that it's relevant or important.

I am also a member of a writing project that is projected to be published.  Been that way a while.  I'm producing well, and I had bullshit drama that reduced time I had to turn shit in.  So thatt's cool. 

I miss posting here and I suck at knowing how interacting works anymore.  I forgot how to on the internet.  My intermittent posting here in Open Bar is an attempt at trying to make contact again.  It is clearly failing, but some feedback would be nice so I can learn again.

I think the solid gold standard of PD.com is you give and give and give and then you just keep giving. And then give some more. Then stop and pull your hair out and keep giving.

Freeky

The Good Reverend Roger

Chicken & Kimchi pizza.

My stomach is ablaze with love.  For you.  For all of you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am about at the end of my rope.

I'm going to keep on pushing, but I am seriously just a tiny bobbing float in a sea of meltdown. No details just now, but seriously, everything is all fucked up and I can't deal with other people anymore.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2014, 03:26:37 AM

I'm going to keep on pushing, but I am seriously just a tiny bobbing float in a sea of meltdown. No details just now, but seriously, everything is all fucked up and I can't deal with other people anymore.

hug
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Salty

Turn their faces into glass!

Seriously though, many hugs.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 03, 2014, 04:23:49 AM

hug

more hugs. and a chainsaw.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks, guys!

I told my ex  that it seems impossible to stay on top of everything when I'm so busy with school and he said "Maybe that's the universe's way of telling you something".

Awesome.

Salty

Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2014, 05:59:43 AM
Thanks, guys!

I told my ex  that it seems impossible to stay on top of everything when I'm so busy with school and he said "Maybe that's the universe's way of telling you something".

Awesome.

:facepalm:

You know, I really wanted to lay into that guy for that "culturally black" shit. I should have. The next time I am down there I will avail myself at the first opporunity.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on March 03, 2014, 06:06:16 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2014, 05:59:43 AM
Thanks, guys!

Awesome.

:facepalm:

You know, I really wanted to lay into that guy for that "culturally black" shit. I should have. The next time I am down there I will avail myself at the first opporunity.

Holy shit, please do.