News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Why Am I Still Alive?

Related to the more common, WAYSA?

Suu

I am going to kill my downstairs neighbors. My upstairs neighbors have 2 rescue pups that have separation anxiety issues. Unfortunately the best thing for it is to let them cry and get it out of their system. It sucks, but they usually calm down in about 15 minutes...however, the neighbors downstairs think that pounding on the wall is going to get them to stop and it's making it worse. This has been going on all morning and afternoon so far, and it was so loud before that I jumped and burned my hand on the iron...ON THE LINEN SETTING. I have keys to go over and check on the dogs, but if I go over there, they're just going to start crying again when I leave.

I already yelled into the hallway that it's riling the dogs up and to stop. I got no response. If it happens again, I'm going to lose my shit.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 10, 2014, 02:23:22 PM
Well, now have 2 people reading the story here, and maybe 4 at the other place.

I suck at this.

I'm gonna tie up year end financials instead.
It's OK.
I love you.

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 10, 2014, 04:18:29 PM
Heaven forbid I should be busy as fuck and trying to manage various meltdowns on the homefront, and still make a few minutes here and there to read and post in Open Bar so I can at least still feel like part of a community. If I can't thoroughly read/respond to every thread on the forum, or at least the ones that people particularly want validation in, WAISA? I should just drop off the face of the planet.

It's OK.
I love you too.

Also, wait. New story? YAY!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Heaven forbid I should be busy as fuck and trying to manage various meltdowns on the homefront, and still make a few minutes here and there to read and post in Open Bar so I can at least still feel like part of a community. If I can't thoroughly read/respond to every thread on the forum, or at least the ones that people particularly want validation in, WAISA? I should just drop off the face of the planet.

(edit, response didn't post for some reason).

Well, I shall move on without "validation", then.  You keep the planet, I'll drop off.

Later.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

So, I started clearing out my online email inbox that has stuff from years ago, and this is how I'm feeling today, more or less.

Junkenstein

Junkenwife gets that on occasion, mainly music related.

I don't care too much, personally. One thing I've noticed about time is that it seems to keep moving regardless of your own feeling so there's only really the odd arbitrary time/date location you need to care about.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

I have just typed so much utter corporate bullshit I'm exhausted.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

You have to energize the turnkey solution to do a solve on the low hanging fruit!

Junkenstein

LMNO

Richter

I have a day off.  Time to change oil and get Alan Moore banished from my hair before it grows into a horrible child-eating shoggoth.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 10, 2014, 09:05:08 PM

(edit, response didn't post for some reason).

Well, I shall move on without "validation", then.  You keep the planet, I'll drop off.

Later.

It occurs to me that the quote marks in my comment above are unnecessary.

I do write for validation.  I'm certainly not doing it for money.

This requires thinking on.  A character flaw like that really can't just be allowed to go on.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

I'm getting way too busy with work to be on the interbutts. So you may not see me much for the next couple of weeks through Pennsic other than occasional check-ins for spaggotry.

Also, I have discovered that although coffee is a life-bringing substance, you can abuse it. I am absolutely banned from drinking coffee after 7pm for now on. I finished a pot last night around 11pm, and I was up at 4am throwing my guts up. My body demanded sleep, the caffeine told it to fuck off, and then bad things happened. I need to sustain energy in a less destructive way.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Reginald Ret

I'm grilling chicken and it smells like garbage when raw. So i added some onions and various herbs and spices. This probably won't kill me.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Reginald Ret

Dammit, it still smells horrible, i cant force myself to eat this. not even for SCIENCE!