News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Facebook group

Started by Adios, January 12, 2011, 07:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

I haven't really used it much yet.  But if I do, it'd be to get a hold of other discordians.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on January 12, 2011, 10:32:52 PM
I didn't realize the FB group was intended as an alternative.

Yeah, me neither. I've been on FB for years and am a member of a few groups. I don't see why that one would replace the forum, as the format is completely different. As far as I can tell it's just a good way to mingle with some spags who don't PD.

If the FB group bugs you, leave it.

FB is mostly useful for trolling and finding out who's having parties.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Faust

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 12, 2011, 07:04:42 PM
Unless this has a specific purpose it will kill this board. If it is just going to be another place to be silly, count me gone.
No it wont, no one likes it.

Edit: I've left. Logging in after a mere five hours to over a hundred updates is something I don't want to see in my feed, its information overload.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

Quote from: Hoopla on January 13, 2011, 02:35:57 PM
You can edit that.
I could turn off the notifications but then I might as well not be in the group, I only peruse facebook stuff about once or twice a month, the feed is all I check.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 12, 2011, 07:08:15 PM
You're saying PD.com will only be me, you, and RWHN?

I love it when a plan comes together.

Let the Perversion and Puns Begin!!!

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

I don't even have a facebook account, so I can't see it at all.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

I have notifications turned off, and I just found 1089 emails in my inbox.

Oh, FB, how you will pay.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 14, 2011, 12:06:46 AM

I believe you should place email under the purview of the Postal Service.

Jenne

:lulz: How'd THAT happen?  :lulz:

I dunno, when I have time off, I can handle checking in and updating and shit.  I just have mixed too many levels of people in my life to allow FB to handle most of my shit.  Plus you just have this overwhelming DESIRE to PERFORM there.

Shit...just like PD.  Well, I sorta got over that with PD (if you all haven't noticed by now), but with FB, it's still all old people and blue hairs I know out in IRL.  And colleagues.  Oh, that's a mistake--putting your COLLEAGUES on there.

Did I hide them when I joined Cram's and Rog's groups?  Hell naw.  I sold them the "embrace the chaos before it consumes you" first.  They get dibs.  :lulz:  Lucky fuckers.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on January 14, 2011, 12:28:17 AM

:lulz: How'd THAT happen?  :lulz:

I dunno, when I have time off, I can handle checking in and updating and shit.  I just have mixed too many levels of people in my life to allow FB to handle most of my shit.  Plus you just have this overwhelming DESIRE to PERFORM there.

Shit...just like PD.  Well, I sorta got over that with PD (if you all haven't noticed by now), but with FB, it's still all old people and blue hairs I know out in IRL.  And colleagues.  Oh, that's a mistake--putting your COLLEAGUES on there.

Did I hide them when I joined Cram's and Rog's groups?  Hell naw.  I sold them the "embrace the chaos before it consumes you" first.  They get dibs.  :lulz:  Lucky fuckers.

Oh it's fucking charming. Not only can people add you to groups without your consent, but you automatically get emails every time anyone posts to the group, and it looks like most people can't turn those emails off.
:lulz:

This makes for a brilliant tool for pissing everyone on Facebook off: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_180443158654014

Add everyone you know to it! I've already alienated a fair number of friends.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Since my only friends on there are PD spags, I decided against just adding people. I kinda like some of you.  :lulz:

ETA: Also, most of them are already in the group.

Jasper

I love it I love it I love it OH GOD MY FRIENDS ARE GOING TO KILL ME :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Isn't it GREAT? I am highly amused and surprised by which of my friends are delighted by it and which hate it and unfriended me.  :lulz: