News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 30, 2015, 05:07:26 PM
Quote from: The Waffling on April 30, 2015, 04:56:55 PM
Installing Linux. I feel dirty.

:rogpipe:

:lulz:

Do not worry, Prophet. This means I'll have all three operating systems. I'm going to do  bad stuff to all of them.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Waffling on April 30, 2015, 05:32:25 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 30, 2015, 05:07:26 PM
Quote from: The Waffling on April 30, 2015, 04:56:55 PM
Installing Linux. I feel dirty.

:rogpipe:

:lulz:

Do not worry, Prophet. This means I'll have all three operating systems. I'm going to do  bad stuff to all of them.

Oh, that's different.  Carry on.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Pat Robertson has threatened Armageddon if we don't all stop making fun of him on social media.

Fact.
Molon Lube

Richter

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on April 30, 2015, 04:56:55 PM
Found my old Asus EeeePC. Installing Linux. I feel dirty.

I found mine in a corner of the t-shirt drawer.  Flogged that thing around public transit until the battery crapped and it no longer made sounds.  Tempted to see if I can get it running again...
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 22, 2015, 06:59:33 AM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on April 21, 2015, 06:02:57 AM
Hey guys.

I quite honestly don't know what is keeping me from here. Probably just something I just need to sort out in my head. Just checking in, letting you all know that Twid is ok.

Actually, I have a bit of good news.

Dr. S, the man who fired me many years ago but I still work on the same floor with, recommended me for extra responsibility. I accepted. I had a meeting with a PI today, and we did the preliminary sussing it out.

I was pleased. Dr. S and the PI I spoke to are close friends. I don't know what happened there but I'll take it.

Nice to see you, Twid!

You too!

I fell in somewhat of... not a rut, not a lull, maybe an aimless? I've figured that I've slacked off long enough being useless and not doing anything of note, so since getting all of the necessary permissions at work for new task this week, I was like, fuck it do more shit in the spare time too. So I've been trying to do something productive everyday. Today I sort of slacked on that, since I just got a new library card and ordered a book (Demon Haunted World). Otherwise I've been brushing up on math and trying to be proactive in fighting the perpetual rolling the stone up the hill that is organizing my room/desk at work (also, my gigging amp is under my desk at work....)

How was the trip?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm also attempting to lose weight. I've been somewhat successful in that regard. I've lost about 10 lbs.

Nephew Twiddleton

So last night, my aunt prematurely announced her youngest son's death with bad phrasing (he's very much alive, and this is good news)

She sent a text to someone saying "Pat passed, and I'm crying"

Pat passed all of his classes and is graduating from college in two weeks. She's very proud, and doesn't understand what she did wrong there. I find this kinda funny.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on May 01, 2015, 02:56:24 AM
So last night, my aunt prematurely announced her youngest son's death with bad phrasing (he's very much alive, and this is good news)

She sent a text to someone saying "Pat passed, and I'm crying"

Pat passed all of his classes and is graduating from college in two weeks. She's very proud, and doesn't understand what she did wrong there. I find this kinda funny.

:lulz: This is distressingly funny.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today was a slightly distressing day: Among other fiascoes, my cognitive neuroscience professor actually put on the midterm an essay question that stated that "scientists across all disciplines of biology no longer consider the Central Dogma of biology valid" and asked us to explain why.

This is a grossly exaggerated statement that is wildly misleading and betrays a horrifying lack of understanding of the history and meaning of the Central Dogma of Molecular Biology, and a blatantly irresponsible dissemination of misinformation. I have to say something, I can't let it go unchallenged, but I need to let a little time pass so that I'm less angry and can do it in a way that is more moderate than how I'm feeling about it right now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 30, 2015, 08:44:56 PM
Pat Robertson has threatened Armageddon if we don't all stop making fun of him on social media.

Fact.

This smells like OPPORTUNITY.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I want to catch up on the forum but I have to get up at 4:30 to go to the lab. Which is immensely exciting but also it means I have to go to bed now.  :sad:

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 01, 2015, 07:11:27 AM
I want to catch up on the forum but I have to get up at 4:30 to go to the lab. Which is immensely exciting but also it means I have to go to bed now.  :sad:

I hear that.

I'm participating in a coding competition that goes for 24 hours starting tomorrow night. I have to get up at 6, ride 8 miles, work all day, and then ride 10 more miles to the event in 90 degree heat, and code until Saturday evening.

Which is also exciting but requires me to GTFO the forum. I hardly have time to read it these days. :(
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on May 01, 2015, 02:31:59 AM
I'm also attempting to lose weight. I've been somewhat successful in that regard. I've lost about 10 lbs.

:awesome:

I managed to gain about five. I was a bit underweight there for a while.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, here I am after about five hours of not actually sleeping.

That sucked.