News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

Human Flesh 101

Started by Sir Bearington, July 24, 2012, 09:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Shoulder slow-cooked with green chili is also fantastic. Serve with warm corn tortillas and sour cream.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Cheaper cuts from older people tend to be tough, but proper pot roasting will tenderize anything.
If you're looking for a traditional pot roast recipe, try this 5-star, no-fail version. Cuts of long pig that perform well for pot roasting go by many different names: Blade roast, cross-rib roast (or shoulder clod), seven-bone pot roast, arm pot roast, and boneless butt roast are all acceptable cuts. This recipe will make grandma young and juicy again!

Ingredients
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 (3-pound) boneless butt roast, trimmed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cups coarsely chopped onion
1 cup dry red wine
4 thyme sprigs
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium long pig broth
1 bay leaf
4 large carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
Fresh thyme leaves (optional)

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350º.
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle butt roast with salt and pepper. Add roast to pan; cook 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove roast from pan. Add onion to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until tender.
Return browned roast to pan. Add the red wine, thyme sprigs, chopped garlic, beef broth, and bay leaf to pan; bring to a simmer. Cover pan and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until the roast is almost tender.
Add carrots and potatoes to pan. Cover and bake an additional 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf from pan; discard. Shred meat with 2 forks. Serve roast with vegetable mixture and cooking liquid. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Sir Bearington

You are making me hungry now.

Infact when i think about what you look like i seem to only envisage you as a great big juicy ham.

The Dark Monk

Cannibal Cracklin's sound delicious.

I want to eat a human that eats humans for that extra bold human flavor.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Dark Monk on August 04, 2012, 12:02:10 AM
Cannibal Cracklin's sound delicious.

I want to eat a human that eats humans for that extra bold human flavor.

CRACKLIN BREAD

2 tablespoons bacon grease from a fat kid
1 cups stone-ground cornmeal (white or yellow)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh corn kernels, cut from the cob with milk from the cob (optional)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup cracklins from a fat young man or 5 slices bacon from a lady with a big ass, cooked and crumbled
Butter, for garnish

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well blended. Pour into a greased cast iron skillet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm with fresh butter.
Mmmmm-MMMMMMM! So long, Mr. Cracklin Bread! So long, neighbors!

Forsooth

Can long pig be used to make decent jerky?  Does the jerky taste better if the source of meat was an unkind being?

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Forsooth on August 04, 2012, 08:45:40 PM
Can long pig be used to make decent jerky?  Does the jerky taste better if the source of meat was an unkind being?

jerked pork is pretty good stuff, but it's a bit different from beef jerky.  It originates in the Carribean though, which is also where the word cannibal comes from, so I am sure jerked long pork has been tried at least a few times.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 04, 2012, 09:33:32 PM

jerked pork is pretty good stuff, but it's a bit different from beef jerky.  It originates in the Carribean though, which is also where the word cannibal comes from, so I am sure jerked long pork has been tried at least a few times.

What those two said x1000.

Also, "jerk" is a type of seasoning. It doesn't have anything to do with "jerky" and is not a way of preserving meat for long periods of time. And jerk came from Jamaica originally and is more commonly used for chicken. Pigs and cows are not prevalent in most of the Caribbean basin except for Cuba, Hispaniola, Puerto Rico, and Trinidad. Most of the islands aren't large enough/are too steep/don't contain enough viable pasture land for larger livestock and though Jamaica is, historically chickens and goats were the primary non-oceanic meat sources.

The term "barbecue" also originated in the region. It comes from "barbacoa", which was a way of cooking meat over hot coals that some of the early pirates who lived on some of the smaller islands off of Cuba adopted from the local natives. And that originally WAS a way of preserving the meat (i.e. smoking it) or, the meat could then be finely chopped and quickly salt-cured and made into pemmican, which keeps long enough for long sea voyages.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Also also, the term "long pork" was not historically used as a euphemism for human meat in the Caribbean basin. I believe that's a Polynesian thing.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Forsooth

Very informative, thanks guys.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on August 04, 2012, 10:06:52 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 04, 2012, 09:33:32 PM

What those two said x1000.

Also, "jerk" is a type of seasoning. It doesn't have anything to do with "jerky" and is not a way of preserving meat for long periods of time. And jerk came from Jamaica originally and is more commonly used for chicken. Pigs and cows are not prevalent in most of the Caribbean basin except for Cuba, Hispaniola, Puerto Rico, and Trinidad. Most of the islands aren't large enough/are too steep/don't contain enough viable pasture land for larger livestock and though Jamaica is, historically chickens and goats were the primary non-oceanic meat sources.

The term "barbecue" also originated in the region. It comes from "barbacoa", which was a way of cooking meat over hot coals that some of the early pirates who lived on some of the smaller islands off of Cuba adopted from the local natives. And that originally WAS a way of preserving the meat (i.e. smoking it) or, the meat could then be finely chopped and quickly salt-cured and made into pemmican, which keeps long enough for long sea voyages.

Yeah, I always see "jerk sauce" and "jerk seasoning" in the supermarket. Usually with Rasta-colored red, yellow and green labels with palm trees and happy guys in dreds and women in do-rags and long, off-the-shoulder dresses.
I suspect it's made by Kraft or something, so I never looked into it.

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, anything called "jerk sauce" is not going to be even remotely authentic since jerk is usually a dry rub seasoning applied before grilling or, if not, is mixed with just enough oil and/or tamarind paste to create a thick paste for evenly spreading on the grilling meat.

There are a million different recipes for jerk seasoning, though, so if it's a dry rub it might be worth checking out as long as it has actual spices in it and not a bunch of dextrose and hydrolyzed this-or-that.

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteCannibalism (from Caníbales, the Spanish name for the Carib people,[1] a West Indies tribe formerly well known for their practice of cannibalism)[2] is the act or practice of humans eating the flesh or internal organs of other human beings. It is also called anthropophagy. A person who practices cannibalism is called a cannibal. The expression "cannibalism" has been extended into zoology to mean one individual of a species consuming all or part of another individual of the same species as food, including sexual cannibalism.

HOWEVER

QuoteEuropean explorers and colonizers brought home many stories of cannibalism practiced by the native peoples they encountered. The friar Diego de Landa reported about Yucatán instances,[67] and there have been similar reports by Purchas from Popayán, Colombia, and from the Marquesas Islands of Polynesia, where human flesh was called long pig.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.