News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Hoopla on June 11, 2015, 09:20:34 PM
Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on June 11, 2015, 08:07:22 PM
Yesterday, I got myself an eye exam and ordered new glasses.  My left eye is significantly worse than when I got these glasses, but my right is still mostly where it was.  The woman who helped me pick them out took my picture of several I was considering on an iPad.  I looked nearly human in some of them! :)

My left eye is the same. We would've been monocle wearers back in they day.

Indeed, what what!

Cain

I just had an upset Russian ranting at me.

Not IRL, for once, but online.  As far as I could tell, he was mad because I outscored him.  So he spent 5 minutes in the lobby shouting endless profanities at me down the mic, until the host and I got bored of his undignified meltdown and kicked him.

Somewhat unusual though, given people never usually talk in that game.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on June 12, 2015, 12:00:13 AM
I just had an upset Russian ranting at me.

Not IRL, for once, but online.  As far as I could tell, he was mad because I outscored him.  So he spent 5 minutes in the lobby shouting endless profanities at me down the mic, until the host and I got bored of his undignified meltdown and kicked him.

Somewhat unusual though, given people never usually talk in that game.

Oh noez, someone is better than him!   :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Congratulations on your monocle and your angry Russian!

I am trapped in a computer lab proctoring a final. I finished my last final this morning (unless I end up taking this final, in which case honestly just shoot me why would I do that?) but have to be here tonight, tomorrow, and Monday for the class I'm TAing.

It smells faintly of pee in here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

So long as it's not your pee, that just means you're having the desired effect.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

While we're here, Ornette Coleman died.

I'm not ging to be one of those "he was the most discordian of musicians" or anything, because -- yeah, that doesn't really mean anything.

But what he did was to push HARD at the Disorder line in music.  Unrepentently, and in response to the tacit strict rules of Bop jazz, and of music in general.  He basically said, "fuck you, I'm doing this now", and did it with no apologies. 

I know a lot of you don't like jazz, but this guy was a fucking Punk.  He was a spark in the world.

Chelagoras The Boulder

He sounds cool, like a Discordian Tom Waits, but i haven't heard of him before. Can i get a link?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

LMNO

Rev Thwack

I've heard a lot of people say his music sounds like nothing more than a bunch of people fucking around on instruments instead of actually trying to play a song together...

That's actually praise considering his take on what music is.
My balls itch...

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Todd Glass popped in for a surprise set at Helium in Portland Wednesday night. He killed. I got to hang out with him for a while after the show. It was...I fan-boi'd fucking hard. He's exactly like he seems from the podcasts and the stand up. A fucking fun dude.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 12, 2015, 05:14:06 AM
While we're here, Ornette Coleman died.

I'm not ging to be one of those "he was the most discordian of musicians" or anything, because -- yeah, that doesn't really mean anything.

But what he did was to push HARD at the Disorder line in music.  Unrepentently, and in response to the tacit strict rules of Bop jazz, and of music in general.  He basically said, "fuck you, I'm doing this now", and did it with no apologies. 

I know a lot of you don't like jazz, but this guy was a fucking Punk.  He was a spark in the world.

I had had no idea he was still alive.  :eek:
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Making great use of my remaining holiday by continuing to mod Skryim to kill filthy spiders.

Eater of Clowns

Flying down to the Outer Banks tomorrow. I may be around but you beautiful folks keep doing what you do until I get back.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.