News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Salmon Rushdie.

Started by Subtract Eight!, October 27, 2007, 01:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subtract Eight!

Has anyone been interested in his work? I find his work, beautiful, sophisticated, in my opinion, expressed discordianism, and relevant to this forum, of ideas... A lot of this mirrors my own thought stemming from, yes, the initial seed planted that compelled to haphazardly grab Illuminatis and subsequently pore through RAW lectures, his whole output almost, and this absurd bizarre idea  of conflict being two things at once, meandering back to Robert's own postulates involving quantum theory, his work hits directly on the physical real crux of non-belief that discord suggests....

His literary style, combining the divine with the real, is an acutalization of this (humor) discordianism, or something..

Here's something that interested me just now..
http://people.csail.mit.edu/hqm/rushdie.html

how y'all?
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Cain

You know, I haven't actually read him yet.  I think I have an e-book of his on my hard drive at home, but I'll see what else I can find.  I'm sure other people have though, and no doubt y'all can discuss him while I try and catch up.

Diseris

Salman Rushdie mighter than Superman.
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Salman Rushdie is an amazingly gifted writer.

Have any of you read Stephen King's book, "On Writing"? (It's his best book, BTW. He should give up fiction - his nonfiction is so much better.) In it he discusses the various levels of ability, from poor to genius. He rates himself a solid "competent" and says that the "Genius" writers are so rare there may be only one in any generation. I think Salman Rushdie may be the one right now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eve

Quote from: Nigel on January 05, 2008, 07:22:11 PM
Stephen King's book, "On Writing"? (It's his best book, BTW. He should give up fiction - his nonfiction is so much better.)

Agreed.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Cramulus

I hadn't read him at all before. Very good read, thanks for the link.

Deepthroat Chopra

"Midnight's Children" is one of the best reads ever. he didn't even piss off any Muslims with it, that i know of.
Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector

guest7654

I have been interested in him since I heard that The Satanic Verses caused such a fuss.

Deepthroat Chopra

Quote from: rzasthole on January 09, 2008, 10:12:39 AM
I have been interested in him since I heard that The Satanic Verses caused such a fuss.

Pointless trivia of the day: Apartheid South Africa was the first country to ban "The Satanic Verses".

http://planetirf.blogspot.com/

Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector