News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

A thread to kickstart my writing (and a few musings)

Started by Sita, October 24, 2012, 09:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sita

Since my last writing effort was over six months ago (carnival was originally wrote last year) I think I just need to start putting stuff out even if it isn't remotely finished. So that's what this thread is about. Here's the current attempt:

It calls to you from every room and screen.
It calls to you to make you shout and scream.

The XBOX is your mistress, it tells you what you need.
Clothes, food, bills. What things are these?

Oh, I need these things to keep going. Must make the green.
All that matters, then, is just enough for me.

Time to spend another 80 on little plastic discs.
Time to kill another zombie, another alien, another hit.

The others don't matter, they can do fine themselves.
Still got batteries in the controller and unplayed games on the shelves.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Gotta get the high score
Gotta kill more zombies
Gotta harvest the e-crops
Gotta make the next level

I am told that I once had a family, but I cannot remember.  Now, if you'll excuse me, this new game nails you on points the longer you pause it.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Nike and Facebook are pleased to announce their new partnership, designed to get America moving and healthy again! It's called "Fuelville™", and it allows Fuel™ points to be spent on Farmville™ features. Just sync your Fuel™ wristband to your computer with the new Fuelville™ app, and all the Fuel™ points you earn from walking, running, or even housework will be automatically available to spend on your Farmville™ account. Don't want to go outside? DON'T WORRY! Nike and Facebook have also partnered to bring you the NetMill™ and the NetCycle™, high-tech exercise devices that allow you to work out without ever disconnecting from Farmville™! Earn points while you spend them... what could be better? Check out Fuelville™ now, before your friends leave you in the dust!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sita

What's sad is that is something like that would actually get me moving. Not for farmville but just any game period.
There would be an immediate benefit seen which would encourage me to keep going.
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Eater of Clowns

Got a busy day.  Finally time to build that new barn in GAME ONE.  It takes six hours to build and I can't do anything else in GAME ONE while it's going but luckily it's time to collect taxes and raise an army in GAME TWO.  That one takes two hours and during that time, I can fast travel between cities in GAME THREE so I can try to expand my weapons business to more players.  That'll take an hour or so.  I'll have to set up reminders.  Once I fast travel I can build a shop in two hours, switching back to GAME TWO halfway so I can send the troops out and then my skyscraper should be finished in GAME FOUR it's taken days so many days but I'm at the top I'm at the top of that skyscraper at the top.  Alarm's going off what's - I'm being invaded?  No, no not now not before I'm ready they can't attack yet.  Everything I've built.  Everything I've built.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sita on October 24, 2012, 09:55:45 PM
What's sad is that is something like that would actually get me moving. Not for farmville but just any game period.
There would be an immediate benefit seen which would encourage me to keep going.

Oh I know. It's brilliant. I oughta write an email to Nike.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mangrove

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:45:31 PM
Nike and Facebook are pleased to announce their new partnership, designed to get America moving and healthy again! It's called "Fuelville™", and it allows Fuel™ points to be spent on Farmville™ features. Just sync your Fuel™ wristband to your computer with the new Fuelville™ app, and all the Fuel™ points you earn from walking, running, or even housework will be automatically available to spend on your Farmville™ account. Don't want to go outside? DON'T WORRY! Nike and Facebook have also partnered to bring you the NetMill™ and the NetCycle™, high-tech exercise devices that allow you to work out without ever disconnecting from Farmville™! Earn points while you spend them... what could be better? Check out Fuelville™ now, before your friends leave you in the dust!

Worryingly possible. ETA the next 18 months to 2 years...especially since the company that developed Farmville are hitting hard times and would love an idea to boost their income. JUST DO IT  :lulz:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mangrove

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 25, 2012, 04:01:22 AM
Quote from: Mangrove on October 25, 2012, 12:01:05 AM
JUST PRETEND TO DO IT  :lulz:

Fixed.

Mangrove clicked 'like' to this edit. Mangrove also clicked 'like' to 'Mitt Romney is a corporate shill and the living embodiment of why we had a financial crisis in the first place' and joined 'Fuellville'.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mangrove on October 25, 2012, 05:06:36 AM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 25, 2012, 04:01:22 AM
Quote from: Mangrove on October 25, 2012, 12:01:05 AM
JUST PRETEND TO DO IT  :lulz:

Fixed.

Mangrove clicked 'like' to this edit. Mangrove also clicked 'like' to 'Mitt Romney is a corporate shill and the living embodiment of why we had a financial crisis in the first place' and joined 'Fuellville'.

:lulz:

Sita

The truth is laying there if you know where to look
Glimpses seen in the mirror when you brush your hair
Of what you once was, before all the sadness and hate
Before you decided the best way to deal with things was not to.

A bag of chips, a bowl of ice cream, 2 or 3 candy bars
That's all you need to make the pain fade, for a time at least
It never truly goes, though. The loathing just changes.
Changes to yourself instead of others. To what you could've been but now can't imagine.

Avoiding mirrors is the thing now. Never have to catch that glimmer of a past, happy life.
There is comfort in the misery, a knowing, a sameness.
Unlike the happiness, misery will always be around. After all, it does love company.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sita on November 16, 2012, 03:51:48 PM

Changes to yourself instead of others. To what you could've been but now can't imagine.

Avoiding mirrors is the thing now. Never have to catch that glimmer of a past, happy life.
Unlike the happiness, misery will always be around. After all, it does love company.

I know this feeling, Sita, only I did it with alcohol. Thin, pretty, and DESTROYING MY FUCKING LIFE AS FAST AS I COULD BUILD IT.

TO THE WALL, TO KILL THE PAIN.

The thing that's funny is that as soon as I stopped trying to kill the pain, it went away.

Sita

Quote from: hølist on November 16, 2012, 10:34:26 PM

I know this feeling, Sita, only I did it with alcohol. Thin, pretty, and DESTROYING MY FUCKING LIFE AS FAST AS I COULD BUILD IT.

The thing that's funny is that as soon as I stopped trying to kill the pain, it went away.
That's the funny thing about it. You forget trying to kill it and eventually you forget it even existed.
The trick is when that memory gets jogged, do you go for the kill or just let it be?
Things that need figuring out.

Sita

Just a couple ideas I have floating around with nothing to do, yet.

-The themed party was a tradition by now, though you would think the holiday itself would be enough of a theme.
Normally she didn't participate with it, but this year it was too good to pass up.

-Santa is a vampire and little kids' letters are his invitation in.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sita on December 10, 2012, 07:49:24 PM
Quote from: hølist on November 16, 2012, 10:34:26 PM

That's the funny thing about it. You forget trying to kill it and eventually you forget it even existed.
The trick is when that memory gets jogged, do you go for the kill or just let it be?
Things that need figuring out.

I'll tell you something about it. It's not a memory, for one thing; it's a collection of experiences. But what I used to do is keep my pain in the middle and my joy all wrapped around it to cushion it, and what would happen is that I'd be experiencing FUN and JOY so hard and for so long that it would wear down too close to the center, and eventually I'd crack and the PAIN would leak out, and boy, was that messy. It got all over the place and ruined everything. So I tried harder and harder to keep it on lockdown, but all that happened was that each time that layer of FUN and JOY got worn down, the PAIN would leak out faster and more prolifically, like it was under pressure.

What happened was that I finally figured out that it doesn't fit in the middle; it needs room to spread around. So I let it out, and let it mix with the JOY and the FUN. It's not under pressure anymore, so I don't have to worry about the PAIN cracking open and spurting everywhere. Mixing it with the JOY and the FUN kind of toned those down, so it's just joy and fun now, but then again, it's also just pain.