News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Uh-Oh

Started by Redheaded Doomsayer, November 25, 2004, 02:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hell Yeah!!  Where's my towel?
11 (68.8%)
Huh? I've been living in a cave.
2 (12.5%)
Just shoot me.
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: November 25, 2004, 02:39:50 AM

I'll try to keep up, old-timer.

-Is not a fan of Sonic Youth but was pointed and laughed at by the guitar player and vocalist for Walls of Jericho for being too high to open a door-
-traded shirts with Atom & his Package-
-had Anal Blast play a show in his basement. (while other bands have played here, that show remains fresh in my memory)-
-Thinks that Merzbow and Masonna are fairly good examples of noise, but prefers Kazumoto Endo and Gore Beyond Necropsy. Throbbing Gristle, while certainly noisey, tends to be accredited to founding (not simply belonging to) the industrial genre, and Boyd Rice seems to fit comfortably into that spectrum. Its not unknown for genres, by their very natures, to overlap... so in all truth this isnt very unusual.-

LMNO

oh, you kids today...

-drank whiskey with Alex Hacke and NU Unruh of Einsturzende Neubauten while discussing the finer points of belt sanders as percussion
-talked sex & politics with Ian MacKaye
-Strongly agree when John Cage said "people who are truly interested in sound tend to be interested in the small ones," and so consider the middle works of Eno and Stockhausen to be precursers to the Noise movement in general.[/u]

I'm definately getting outclassed here...

-Sang Happy-Birthday to Simen Hestnaes (ICS Vortex) when he was touring with Dimmu Borgir-
-Had his birth certificate signed by Trey Azagthoth, to date the only autograph ever requested by a musician, and most likely the last-
-could understand how one could consider Eno to be a definate precursor to the Noise movement, wasnt Eno among the first to really explore Reel-to-Reel tape flanging?-
-Feels, however, that Musique Concrete is the true precursor to Noise music-

(edit: in reference to Musique Concrete, I just caught the stockhausen reference... touche`)

LMNO

Anytime you want to quit, go ahead...

-Opened for GWAR, & grossed them out when I split open my elbow on the first song and bled for real all over the stage for the rest of the set (GWAR wouldn't go on until it was cleaned up)
-drank beer & spoke with M Gira & Jarboe (Swans) on the effect of delta blues on their music
-Considers John Coltrane's last major works (OM, Ascension, Selflessnes) far greater accomplishments than A Love Supreme

Mad Skillz

Y'all bustaz don' know sheeeyit. I used to cook rocks up fo' Eazy, befo' I moved up to pickin' out groupiez fo' 'Pac. Then I moved to tha City fo' a while, worked wit Drrty McGurrrty, helpin' hiz crazy azz stay out' the way of tha Po. cain't get no mo' work afta that cuz they say e'ybody I work fo' keep dyin'...see, what I'm sayin' is, y'all think you got brags cuz y'all try to interface wit' legendz of tha music world...I create tha legendz, so y'alll got LONG way to go to catch up wit' ME.
Go 'head an' th'ow yo' set, dawg, cuz I'se a'edy th'owin' HEAT!!

LMNO

Hats off to Turd for bursting the bubble of pretention.

::doffs hat::

I am going to throw in the towel, in all honesty you had me last round... but I wanted to keep it up, I've been enjoying this immensely. In all honesty, though, you got me almost entirely based on your experience as a music snob... whereas myself, am little more than a fledgling music snob.

Though, It'll be a rare day that you see me let anybody pat themselves on the back for music snobbery while discussing the finer points of System of a Down.

Here's what I've got going for me.

-A comprehensive knowledge of modern music history, specifically underground music-
-A house that until recently did a lot of shows for a lot of touring bands-
-A general distaste of conformity in music, even amongst non-conformists-
-Some knowledge of basic sound theory-
-a handfull of crazy ideas concerning binaural rythyms and neurolinguistic programming-

Anyway, I gladly concede the title of grandmaster over to you, perhaps someday I'll be able to take it from you.

East Coast Hustle

hey, look at me! I'm only the 3rd most annoyingly pretentious music snob on these boards! wow!

and let's get one thing straight....for the record, one last time, I am NOT Mad Skillz...I was Mad Skillz for about 45 minutes, and the real Mad Skillz was pretty pissed that I "confessed" to being him....I know him, nad we're tight in real life, but he's NOT me....anymore....

and while you both have me out-snobbed, and out-obscured, I have you beat when it comes to hte "I did such and such with so and so" competition...you see, my band (who has opened for the Accused, too, BTW) was supposed to open for Dee Dee Ramone except he died 2 days before that show...we were the first show not to get played due to his untimely demise...also, when I was in NoLa once, I bribed my way into the House of Blues during soundcheck and told Jack Black I was a music reporter for a west coast paper who's vacation happened ot coincide with their show, and we ended up drinking heavily for several hours....when I lived in Michigan, I used to run with CTYC...and, I shagged the singer for Birdsaw when I lived in Mammoth, CA....

top that.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

EraPassing

Gah.

From the apparent qualifications to be a music snob, I should get the award for being the antithesis of a music snob.  I've been to three concerts - in my life - and hated two of them, and the closest I've gotten to a celebrity is dating (I use the term euphemistically) someone with a slight physical resemblance to Peter Steele.
Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?

East Coast Hustle

don't feel bad...I'm actually Kerry King from Slayer, I just didn't wanna burst their bubbles too soon...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Horab Fibslager

god hates us all was a fucking disapointment man.
Hell is other people.

Nikoli Volkoff

have to agree there, God Hates Us All was mostly a disappointing album, only cool thing was it was released on Sept 11.

and as  far as "NOISE" goes, i will have to say the Mike Patton is better than any of the rest that have been named as I have atleast heard/seen him in concert, on multiple occasions...
The Hidden stone ripens fast, then laid bare like a turnip can easily be cut out at last but even then the danger isn't past. That man lives best who's fain to live half mad, half sane. -Flemish Poet Jan Van Stijevoort, 1524.

Horab Fibslager

i missed bungle both times they were in teh gneral vicinity of my converged point of existence.

i blame women and alcohol. and maybe lsd too.

edit: incidentally i was listening to jetpilot by soad at right about the exact time(wasn;t wearign a watch) the first plane hit the tower. it was tehn that i felt a great disturbance in teh w00t! as if a thousand n00bs cried out "OMFG! HAX0R!!!!!!" all at once.

no word of a lie.

wehn i got to work they were tellign em a bout and i was like "well that;s mighty fucked" and proceeded to do as any loyal patriot would an slanged some mof0x0rin burgas.
Hell is other people.

bucket of truth

I've met "Weird Al" Yankovic. And Justin Hayward(Moody Blues).

So, whatever.

:)
if you can read this, you're too damn close! - joseph of aramathea

Prickly

Yeah? Well, I've seen Dream Theater, Queensryche, and Rush in concert.

Not obscure enough, you say?

I saw each of them for the first time within the last two years.

PWN3D!!!!11
Pope Prickly the Pielyamorous Porcupine of the Bent Quarter Cabal and, more recently, the Sunrise If You Dare Cabal

Before the beginning, there was a 50/50 chance of either something or nothing existing. So, something and nothing decided to flip a coin to decide which of them would exist. However, in order for there to be a coin to flip, something had to have already won the toss. Therefore, you only exist because something is a cheating bastard.