News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

RWHN: From the Depths vol. 4 #2 (New You Day)

Started by AFK, December 15, 2006, 08:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

It's that time of year again.

Yup, time to recap the who, what, and why of this last trip around the Sun.
The Good, The Bad, and The Usual.  

Time to plan for the next go around.
People will make the usual promises.  Some they'll say out loud.  Others that they'll keep to themselves.  

You know the usual suspects.  Lose weight, save more money, spend less money, be nicer, be angrier, be smarter, be a better parent, husband, wife, grandmother, senator, soldier, priest, policeman, newspaper boy, pizza dough jockey, whatever.

For the love of Mike give it up!  Nothing causes more tribulation than to listen to someone with so little willpower spit out some mantra on how they are going to "turn their life around"  You really want to lose weight?  Clear off the coatrack/stairstepper and use it.  You really want your kids to stop cowering everytime you walk into the room?  Keep the belt on your pants and talk to them.  You want your wife to stop laughing at you?  Stop playing with the D&D figurines and try taking her out on a date once in awhile.  

But really, why are you waiting for the day when you are going to wake up with a hangover and a headache and Mrs. Henderson from down the road?  You think you are really going to be up for creating "The New You?"  Yeah, you're going to hit the snooze button, just like everyone else, and you'll try again in 2008.  

You aren't fooling anyone.  Maybe it makes you feel better.  The rationalization of your procrastination.  But the truth is the key to your salvation from your mediocrity doesn't only appear once a year.  It is always there with you.  

And this day can be just as good as any...  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jenne

Don't be so hatin' on my irresolutionability, yo!

B_M_W

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Jenne