News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

A warning for all those who pursue enlightment

Started by Mistre, September 29, 2012, 10:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistre

Beware the false enlightment.

Beware the sensation of peace and serenity as your inner conflict ceases to exist, as it's false.

It's contempt.
Simple contempt, and no pretty words around it will change this fact.

This so called "inner peace" is nothing but a euphemism for inner death, a state where you cease to evolve, cease to try to be better, to criticize yourself and struggle with your preconceived notions.

It's in the inner conflict that one may able to hone yourself, as it's how we change.

Do not try to be zen. Zen is not something you try to be, it is something you become by serendipity in the path of enlightment..
It is not the cessation of inner conflict, but the achievement of a higher form of inner conflict, an objective and focused form.

It's not about acceptance, it's about acknowledgement.
It's not about peace, it's about proper battles.
It's not static, it's dynamic.

Of course, I can be lying now. Be the judge.
Hail Eris!
Uber Supreme Poobah of Pope-Groping™

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mistre

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.

Cain

It may be a lie, but it's a lie I not only agree with, but expressed better than the many times I tried to do so.

So I'm going to treat it as true, at least.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mistre

Kai

Quote from: Cain on September 30, 2012, 04:42:05 PM
It may be a lie, but it's a lie I not only agree with, but expressed better than the many times I tried to do so.

So I'm going to treat it as true, at least.

The Greeks certainly thought so, as you've pointed out before. "neighbor vies with his neighbor as he hurries after wealth" Well directed internal conflict can lead to change and improvement.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish