Possible Panther sighting near down town Jacksonville, FL

Started by Disco Pickle, September 26, 2011, 05:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on September 29, 2011, 08:25:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 28, 2011, 11:41:36 PM
Quote from: Jenne on September 28, 2011, 07:22:45 PM
I don't like that our house is surrounded by so many preserves, but them's the breaks.  I lived in Big Bear in the 80's and 90's...and we saw bears, coyotes (on a near-daily basis), burros...not to mention scads of squirrels and chipmunks (do they count?  probably not).  So I'm somewhat used to it...but it freaks me the fuck out to see one bounding out in front of my car knowing full well it comes from the same area I just hiked into and out of not a day before.

I'm not advocating importing/exporting them anywhere, but I do realize I have to share the space around me with them...however much that freaks me out.

That's one of the simultaneous benefits and drawbacks of living on the edge of undeveloped lands... so beautiful! But occasionally someone gets mauled to death.

I am envious of the burros. We don't have burros. I want burros.  :sad:

They're leftovers from the mining days.  Donkeys turned free to roam...they're mostly trash diggers nowadays--so bad that there's central dumping sites you go to to get rid of your trash instead of leaving it outside for someone to collect, street by street.  Once in a while, they'll be caught for Old Miners' Days and ridden through town in a race...I think they let them go after that...which doesn't sound right now that I think about it.  Maybe someone corrals them year-round for that purpose?  :?

Man.

I bet they'd wreak havoc here, but still... BURROS!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."