News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Unlimited WTF TEXAS thread

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 09, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on June 24, 2013, 05:42:09 PM

Which is clearly that Texas needs to do a better job of arresting the white pot smokers.
My little brother had a cop seize his pot, and then not arrest him or even write him a ticket...My brother saw the cop soon after the stop, pulled over in the next gas station up the road.  The cop had his hands down in his lap, as if he was rolling something...The cop was actually wanting speed, because  he kept barking out "If you have any speed, you'd better give it up now!" repeatedly to my Bro and his friend.

...Apparently you can smoke pot or be Black in Texas, but don't try to do both.

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Anna Mae Bollocks

What did you THINK they were going to do, Pixie?  :x :x :x
Laws are for OTHER people, not our LEGISLATORS.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: stelz on June 26, 2013, 01:55:06 PM
What did you THINK they were going to do, Pixie?  :x :x :x
Laws are for OTHER people, not our LEGISLATORS.
I honestly don't know enough about State senates in the US to have a thought about it that would hold any water. I was just hopeful it would work.

and showing the tampering of the vote date was just information i came across.

Doktor Howl

The bill just passed in a "special session".

Well done, Texas.  :boring:
Molon Lube

LMNO

Anna Mae Bollocks

Of course it passed. That's how things "work" here.

Ben Shapiro

Wait! Did the restrictive bill pass? I'm reading about it now?

Anna Mae Bollocks

It passed the House the other day, I think there's a final vote tomorrow. But yeah, it's as good as done.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/07/10/passage-of-texas-abortion-bill-causes-ire-online-and-in-person/

QuoteThe bill resurfaced today in a special session called by Gov. Rick Perry (R) and was ultimately passed in a 96 to 49 vote. It will go on to the state Senate to be voted on,  perhaps as early as Friday.

Left

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/07/texas_abortion_ban_after_20_weeks_prenatal_testing_reveals_birth_defects.html

QuoteWhy do some women wait so long? The answer is that comprehensive fetal testing, such as anatomical sonograms and ultrasounds of the heart, are typically performed just before 20 weeks of gestation. Such scans are critical for uncovering major birth defects, such as anencephaly (severe brain malformations), major heart defects, missing organs and limbs, and other severe birth defects. Fetal development is a complex process that often goes awry. Roughly 2 percent of all pregnancies are complicated by a major birth defect, and of those about 0.5 percent have a chromosomal defect, such as an extra or missing segment of normal DNA. Birth defects are a leading cause of infant mortality, and in many cases of severe birth defects, no medical treatment can salvage a fetus's life or result in any measure of normal future health.

All this and they cut medicaid/medicare, too.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on June 24, 2013, 03:43:19 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2321731/Deadly-giant-snails-slime-way-Houston-Texas-kill-spreading-meningitis.html

Glad I know they can carry meningitis...ruins my idea of keeping some in an aquarium... :sad:
Or I could just get a meningitis shot. :)

...Because I find giant crawly things just THAT overwhelmingly cool...

Okay, no. They can carry meningitis, but you don't get it from incidental contact with one, you have to eat it without cooking it properly. Basic handwashing (which you should be doing after handling any wild animal) is enough to prevent infection even if you are unlucky enough to encounter one of the few snails that is carrying around meningitis.

The reason everyone gangs up on giant african land snails is that they're an agricultural pest and they can be dangerous to some types of housing (they'll suck calcium off stucco and concrete, eventually doing serious damage if there are enough of them). They are also a very successful invasive species in certain climates.

Left

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 13, 2013, 03:42:49 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2321731/Deadly-giant-snails-slime-way-Houston-Texas-kill-spreading-meningitis.html

Glad I know they can carry meningitis...ruins my idea of keeping some in an aquarium... :sad:

Okay, no. They can carry meningitis, but you don't get it from incidental contact with one, you have to eat it without cooking it properly. Basic handwashing (which you should be doing after handling any wild animal) is enough to prevent infection even if you are unlucky enough to encounter one of the few snails that is carrying around meningitis.

The reason everyone gangs up on giant african land snails is that they're an agricultural pest and they can be dangerous to some types of housing (they'll suck calcium off stucco and concrete, eventually doing serious damage if there are enough of them). They are also a very successful invasive species in certain climates.
Okay, so wash hands, and I can haz giant land snails!

:awesome:

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on July 14, 2013, 05:33:01 AM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 13, 2013, 03:42:49 AM

Okay, so wash hands, and I can haz giant land snails!

:awesome:

They're illegal to keep in the US, because of the whole invasive species thing. People keep them in the UK, though.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I fucking LOVE the Texas Board of "Education". They're so retarded, the feds are going to HAVE to take over at some point.
http://blog.sfgate.com/ybenjamin/2010/05/21/texas-approves-renaming-slave-trade-as-atlantic-triangular-trade/

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: stelz on September 02, 2013, 05:55:08 AM
I fucking LOVE the Texas Board of "Education". They're so retarded, the feds are going to HAVE to take over at some point.
http://blog.sfgate.com/ybenjamin/2010/05/21/texas-approves-renaming-slave-trade-as-atlantic-triangular-trade/

HAHAHHHAHHAHAHAAH. Slavery wasn't a big deal I mean everyone had one right?