News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Leaving Providence

Started by Richter, December 12, 2014, 02:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Some things people need to learn.  Like not pulling a gun.  Not pulling a FAKE gun.  Not pulling and fully presenting a fake gun at close range. 

It made sense that Providence would take a farewell swipe at me.  I had been packing out the Monastery and was carrying out an armload of arms, including my favorite round shield, when the downstair neighbor rolled into the stairwell with a black Colt in hand.   

Let's call him Pacino.  Early 20's, eager to prove, and a bit high strung. ...but I repeat myself (Hell we've all been there.))

Academic Richter-brain noted the orange safety tip, but Pragmatic Richter brain insisted on moving the firearm away from me regardless.  Contact confirmed the thing was plastic.  The shield had Pacino's plastic pointed at not me, and I was in his space in quick order.  It doesn no good for a Holy Man (tm) to recklessly kill.  I'm a little more flexible on the subject of kneecaps, which Pacino and I discussed. 

This parting drama was laughed about as I had a farewell beer or 5 with Pacino, Emperor Norton, and the other ususal suspects later that night.

A strangely affable parting shot from the city.  I don't miss the late night brawls outside my window, the rabid Columbus days, or stepping over heroin needles to get to the Jeep.  There's always a quality to the place that will stick with me.  Africa never let go of Alan Quartermain - neither will Providence ever entirely give up me.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Some places leave a stamp on us. I'll always have a little bit of Oakland, and a little bit of the Straits of Juan de Fuca.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Where you holed up now, buddy?

Eater of Clowns

And Providence shrank and Providence shrank to a mote of dust.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Allowing Richter to move to Mass was kinda like throwing a shark in a pig pen.  The pigs don't know what the fuck is going on, but they know they don't like it.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 12, 2014, 03:36:36 PM
Allowing Richter to move to Mass was kinda like throwing a shark in a pig pen.  The pigs don't know what the fuck is going on, but they know they don't like it.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

That is possibly the best analogy I've ever seen.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 12, 2014, 03:49:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 12, 2014, 03:36:36 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

That is possibly the best analogy I've ever seen.

I've met Richter, and I've met people from Mass. 
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 12, 2014, 04:14:34 PM
:crankey:

So, you're saying you want Richter in the pen with you?

IS THAT YOUR FINAL ANSWER?
Molon Lube

LMNO

Richter

I'm a bit north of Providence now.  Technically still RI, but I can jizz on Mass if I put my mind to it. 

None of you are safe.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

LMNO

I put on my robe and wizard's hat.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Richter on December 12, 2014, 11:19:32 PM
I'm a bit north of Providence now.  Technically still RI, but I can jizz on Mass if I put my mind to it. 

None of you are safe.

Sweet home Massachusetts/where the skies have multiple personality disorder
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Richter