News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Sarah Palin flowchart

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 01, 2008, 05:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on September 02, 2008, 06:54:06 AM
Wow!  It's almost like the Republicans intentionally picked the worst person possible.

You mean the John McCain campaign.  I can assure you there are plenty of Republicans who are scratching their heads on this one.

Not because of her policy stances.  I mean, she's right there with the base on policy.  Pro-life, pro-guns, Global Warming-non believer, pro-creationism, abstinence only (heh, funny), pro-drilling in ANWR, etc., etc.,  She even wants to take the Polar Bears off the Endangered Species list.

The problem with her as the candidate is in the logic of picking her at all.  I mean, if McCain wanted a woman that would attract Hillary supporters, why pick the one who's experience is directly proportional to her hemline?  McCain has two close friends who were women AND highly experienced, AND are actually kind of Maverick-ish.  I'm talking about my two senators Olympia Snow and Susan Collins.  Sure, they aren't as easy on the eyes as Palin, but their moderate stances on policy would be much more attractive to Hillary supporters. 

Not only that, McCain is going to have to spend so much time introducing Palin to the American people, it's going to eat into the time he can spend talking about hiimself. 

So from a tactical persepctive, it is a very odd pick.  It's certainly going against the grain.  He didn't make an easy pick like Obama did.  It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

McCain is taking Ambien.

Of course he is going to be making irrational choices.  Furthermore, his legendary temper means no-one is going to tell him how stupid he is being.

AFK

According to this article in the New York Times: (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26501863/), John McCain really, really wanted his VP pick to be Lieberman or Tom Ridge.  But of course the hardcore Conservatives threw a hissy-fit when they got wind of it, with both being pro-choice.  Also, insiders convinced him he needed to shake up his campaign or else he was sure to lose.  So this really was a Hail Mary pick. 

I kinda wish he had picked Liberman, if for no other reason than to see that tool get chewed up by Biden. 

East Coast Hustle

man I would have LOVED to have seen Lieberman get smacked the fuck down.

RWHN, I don't know if you've ever personally interacted with Susan Collins, but I would automatically NOT vote for ANYONE who had her on their ticket.

she is seriously number than a pounded thumb.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Well yes, but compared to Palin she's like a scholar. 

Voodoo

Quote from: Cain on September 02, 2008, 02:48:14 PM
McCain is taking Ambien.

Of course he is going to be making irrational choices.  Furthermore, his legendary temper means no-one is going to tell him how stupid he is being.

"If you eat, drive, pick a running mate, or engage in other activities with amnesia for the event, consult your doctor."

Cain

Quote from: Rev. Voodoo on September 02, 2008, 05:51:13 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 02, 2008, 02:48:14 PM
McCain is taking Ambien.

"If you eat, drive, pick a running mate, or engage in other activities with amnesia for the event, consult your doctor."

:lol:

Requia ☣

Naming Palin did accomplish one thing.  People are talking about the republican side again, for months before that it was alll Obama and Hillary.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Requiem on September 02, 2008, 07:00:18 PM
Naming Palin did accomplish one thing.  People are talking about the republican side again, for months before that it was alll Obama and Hillary.
Yeah, but in politics this is such a thing as bad publicity.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Suu

"But but but....She's a WOMAN! Which means all the Hilary voters are gonna vote for us now! Because she has a vagina! Who cares if she doesn't have experience or hates abortion, has a pregnant teenage daughter and doesn't believe in dinosaurs. She's A WOMAN! DAMNIT!!! WOMAN! And Obama is black and eats fried chicken. See? Vote for McCain/Palin in 2008!!"
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

wade

she has a vagina and doesn't afraid of anything.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 02, 2008, 10:06:42 PM
learn to syntax.

As much as wade does write like that, I think he was riffing off a 4chan meme.

"I think halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything."

wade

Quote from: Cain on September 02, 2008, 10:10:08 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 02, 2008, 10:06:42 PM
learn to syntax.

As much as wade does write like that, I think he was riffing off a 4chan meme.

"I think halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything."
(a few guys on my last course did nothing but riff off of 4chan memes...
"He is an hero and doesn't afraid of anything!"

anyways...
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Tempest Virago

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 02, 2008, 02:52:14 PM
I kinda wish he had picked Liberman, if for no other reason than to see that tool get chewed up by Biden. 

That would have been pretty great. I have such hate for Lieberman. What a fucktard.

That's actually another reason Palin might've been picked. They might think that Biden will go easy on her since she's a woman. What I'm afraid of is he's going to say something stupid, and make people feel sorry for her. He tends to stick his foot in his mouth a lot.