News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

After having this phone for month, it occurred to me that I hadn't setup my voicemail yet.  :lulz:

I knew my life seemed a little too quiet.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on October 04, 2011, 10:42:31 PM
After having this phone for month, it occurred to me that I hadn't setup my voicemail yet.  :lulz:

I knew my life seemed a little too quiet.

:lulz:

I forgot the password on mine
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh shit, Roger, I have an idea for you!

Twid,
about 10% through this

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, has anyone ever noticed that Not Published looks like a younger version of Pent?

Pæs

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 04, 2011, 10:13:58 PM
As brutal as the task is, I'm going to go through this thread and save everything to my pics. It's a pain to find all of your faces sometimes. Intro thread too.

I started this from the most recent for WOMPCOMIC thread. We need some kind of organised searchable DATABASE OF WOMPFODDER.
I'ma do some more picture saving and decide on the best way to share cut out heads from my "HIS DERP MATERIALS" folder.

Triple Zero

Is that done yet? Cause I just wrote a script an it's downloading these as we speak, done in 10 minutes or so.

got 1217 images.

Next I'ma use the same device to backup the WOMPertainment thread, that's always a good thing :)

... and then I can automagically feed the WOMPertainment thread to a tumblr acct 4 pics per day and attain MAD PAGEHITS YO :P (j/k)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 05, 2011, 12:39:23 PM
Is that done yet? Cause I just wrote a script an it's downloading these as we speak, done in 10 minutes or so.

got 1217 images.

Next I'ma use the same device to backup the WOMPertainment thread, that's always a good thing :)

... and then I can automagically feed the WOMPertainment thread to a tumblr acct 4 pics per day and attain MAD PAGEHITS YO :P (j/k)

SOUNDS LIKE BLACK MAHHHHJIQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fap:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Donald Coyote on October 05, 2011, 01:14:04 PM

got 1217 images.

SOUNDS LIKE BLACK MAHHHHJIQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fap:

This would make pics searchable by person?

Triple Zero

No because it's saved under the original filenames, which are not always (often) very clear. I could possibly rename them to whoever posted them but 1) that's hard! (effort!) 2) not 100% accurate either

(... uploading ... 33% of 85MB ...)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 05, 2011, 01:30:09 PM
No because it's saved under the original filenames, which are not always (often) very clear. I could possibly rename them to whoever posted them but 1) that's hard! (effort!) 2) not 100% accurate either

(... uploading ... 33% of 85MB ...)

True. Is there some sort of website all of the pics could be uploaded to and we just go through and tag them? That way it could be a collaborative effort too.

ETA- this also has other advantages. The way I have it now is that I pop the pic in a spag-specific folder. Sometimes, though, there is more than one spag in the picture. Tagging would take care of that problem.

Triple Zero

I'm just uploading the zip file now. I just restarted because my devio.us account didn't have 83MB quota left :)

There probably is such a service, but it's one step further privacy-wise, these images are unfiltered, no doubt there's some SO's on there that are not to be WOMPed and such. I dunno, that doesn't sit right. Not to mention how to bulk upload 1200 pics :-)

Triple Zero

Cramulus

:eek:

can we please do that for real?

A PD Pix thread... it could have random stuff that people find + absurd womps... and automagically get posted?

Triple Zero

... maybe, it would be a fun project, I think :)

My initial idea was the current content "snapshot" of the WOMPertainment thread (which is 160MB that I'll post in the thread in a moment) to be shuffled and autoposted to Tumblr. To actually make it pick up new submissions (or any kind of pics in a specific thread) is a bit harder, but it can be done. I will look into this.

A mix of WOMP + absurd crazy? Maybe a selection of the WOMP archive cause some of them could be kind of "meh" outside their context?

Cramulus

yeah, I'm thinking it would be a specific thread. And you wouldn't post stuff to it which isn't funny out of context. Collectively, we pick out some great images. The pix thread has a much higher funny:noise ratio than any imageblog I read.

sorta like this idea http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=26019.msg908385#msg908385