News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Hey Nigel, you're taking a Statistics class too, right?

Started by Cainad (dec.), April 22, 2013, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Assume the standard deviation is 12 fucks given, and I want a 95% confidence interval with E = 4,

then how many FUCKING TIMES, on average, do I need to answer the same goddamn question on the online homework system? :crankey:

Faust

Quote from: Cainad on April 22, 2013, 07:57:15 PM
Assume the standard deviation is 12 fucks given, and I want a 95% confidence interval with E = 4,

then how many FUCKING TIMES, on average, do I need to answer the same goddamn question on the online homework system? :crankey:
You will answer the question until we have a 6 sigma confidence that you know the right answer.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Richter

For once the correlation of the times asked with your frustration level IS causation.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on April 22, 2013, 07:57:15 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

ALL of the times, Cainad. ALL OF THEM.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have two exes who found statistics FUN.

FUN.

THERE IS ONLY ONE MATH PROBLEM IN STATISTICS. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

WHAT IS THE POWER OF THE TEST, CAINAD? WHAT IS THE POWER OF THE TEST NOW?

HOW ABOUT NOW?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This time we are going to ask the question about cattle. This time we are going to ask the question about cancer. This time we are going to ask the question about fuel-efficiency. This time we are going to ask the question without meeting the success/failure condition. This time we are going to use the student-T model because we did not meet the success/failure condition.

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?

Trivial

I only liked statistics for the students T beer story.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But, the good news is that in eight and a half more weeks, I'll be done with it.

And it is useful, even though it's boring.