News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

matragon and his band PiKANTiK - some music

Started by matragon, October 16, 2007, 09:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I'm slowly starting to figure out why my own music never generated a large buzz....

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on October 19, 2007, 07:06:23 PM
I'm slowly starting to figure out why my own music never generated a large buzz....

Because this site is filled with heathen Zappa fans?

Incidentally, Matragon has sent me an mp3 of "The Sacred Chao" which I will listen to once its downloaded.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kaou Suu on October 19, 2007, 05:51:44 PM
Wow, I really like, actually.  :eek: This is good stuff!

And that pisses me off.

I was kinda hoping for another AKK here.

DAMN YOU, MATRAGON!
\
:argh!:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Lies

ATTN: Matragons new song has been listened to and judged by I:
Short Virdict: Cheesy, but definitely doesn't suck, and it reminds me of 'Yes" without breaching copyright while taking full advantage of kopy-left.

:mittens:
On ya Matragon, Keep up the good work
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

matragon

in Fact - it sounds like Yes ... specially when we started singin "come with me" ... but it was my decision to sing it in that way ... it was kind of tribute to Jon Anderson & Chris Squire (vocals harmony) :) and chords in this part are similar to "Starship Trouper" from "The Yes Album"

Anyway ... "The Sacred Chao" is a compilation of some parts of Principia Discordia (lyrics) ... and a compilation of some music archetypes we love :
from Peter Gabriel to Yes with some Crimson or Pink Floyd connections ...

We prepared this song consciously in this musical shape
matragon - The Polyfather of Polish Cabal of Chaos
leader of PiKANTiK (Pikantik Omnimusic Erisian Energy)

,,The mind is like a parachute - it works better when it's open" (Allan K. Neal)

That One Guy

Some very good stuff there. I especially liked the singer's voice - it blends very well with the other instruments. Admittedly you could be saying damn near anything, but it sounds damn good being said  :mrgreen:

A (very) minor quibble - the guitar seemed a bit flat in the mix, as if there was only one or two tracks of rhythm guitar. Sometimes that sparseness was great (the moodier pieces especially) but it seemed rather empty when it started to rock out a bit. Also, as a bass player, I tend to be very nit-picky with bass tone. The sound was pretty good, but was a bit punchy for my tastes - however, I like a really thick, mellow, warm tone with minimal attack (I like the notes to swell up from the subs rather than punch people in the gut) which isn't necessarily appropriate for the more rocking stuff (I play funk/R&B/soul).

All in all, great stuff  :D
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

matragon

and this is specially and strictly for discordians all over the world :
free download - of course :

http://www.lastfm.pl/music/PiKANTiK/The+Sacred+Chao

enjoy it !
matragon - The Polyfather of Polish Cabal of Chaos
leader of PiKANTiK (Pikantik Omnimusic Erisian Energy)

,,The mind is like a parachute - it works better when it's open" (Allan K. Neal)

Placid Dingo

Bump cos I never realized this guy posted on PeeDee.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.