News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It would be great to do it to an admin and see if I could get banned from a group over it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 12:37:18 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 14, 2014, 12:31:18 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 12:19:12 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 13, 2014, 05:05:19 PM
On FB, your posts are a canvas for other people to paint their hopes and desires upon.

Yeah, every so often I post something that reminds me why I don't normally post anything that delves into my real life on FB.

Three of us invented the "blocked" troll, and that's largely all I do anymore.

:lulz: Wait, what's that?

I came up with a new FB troll the other day, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It's simply picking one person, preferably one who kind of annoys you, and only ever replying to their posts with "hahahahaha". Same number of "ha"s every time. Pretty sure it would send certain temperament types right up a wall.

Person A posts a mildy provocative article.
Persons B & C respond to it.
Person A responds to someone who never posted, accusing them of derailing or being a bigot or whatnot.
Persons B & C argue with the OP and become more and more abusive toward nonexistent person D.
People watching think they're talking to someone they have blocked or who has blocked them
People ask who it is.
Person A, B, or C respond to non-existent person D with "how did this turn into a vaccination/circumcision/gun ownership thread (whichever is LEAST appropriate).
Persons A, B, & C sit back and watch EVERYONE WHO HAS READ THE THREAD go fucking ballistic over the subject. 
Nobody says who the "blocked" person is.

Rinse, repeat on same page in 3 days.  It never stops working.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 14, 2014, 12:42:06 AM
On FB, your posts are a canvas for other people to paint their hopes and desires upon.

Yeah, every so often I post something that reminds me why I don't normally post anything that delves into my real life on FB.

I came up with a new FB troll the other day, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It's simply picking one person, preferably one who kind of annoys you, and only ever replying to their posts with "hahahahaha". Same number of "ha"s every time. Pretty sure it would send certain temperament types right up a wall.

Person A responds to someone who never posted, accusing them of derailing or being a bigot or whatnot.
Persons B & C argue with the OP and become more and more abusive toward nonexistent person D.
People watching think they're talking to someone they have blocked or who has blocked them
People ask who it is.
Person A, B, or C respond to non-existent person D with "how did this turn into a vaccination/circumcision/gun ownership thread (whichever is LEAST appropriate).
Persons A, B, & C sit back and watch EVERYONE WHO HAS READ THE THREAD go fucking ballistic over the subject. 

:lulz: That's goddamn diabolical.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 12:48:56 AM

People ask who it is.

My new philosophy is "Give people what they want.  Good & hard."

It came to me in LA. 

Note that this is in addition to, rather than instead of, my old philosophy of "laugh while everything burns".
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 14, 2014, 12:50:52 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 12:48:56 AM

People ask who it is.

My new philosophy is "Give people what they want.  Good & hard."

It came to me in LA. 

Note that this is in addition to, rather than instead of, my old philosophy of "laugh while everything burns".

I like this.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My boyfriend is basically nocturnal. He wanted to spend  the night, and refused melatonin when I offered it to him, and has been in my bed fidgeting every 3 minutes for the last two hours. I am desperately tired and stressed with school, and have to get up at 7 am.

And I am a light sleeper who is easily awakened by movement near me.

Basically I am in my own personal hell right now.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also my oldest children do not appear to give a fuck about my stress level or sleep needs. It's one fucking AM and I come downstairs and they're down here just traipsing around doing whatever the fuck they feel like.

Seriously, just fuck everything.

axod

Alternadly, enjoy the other's willing participation in your deranged fantasy.  Just, put a shirt on next time mnkay? :lulz:
just this

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: axod on October 14, 2014, 08:51:43 AM
Alternadly, enjoy the other's willing participation in your deranged fantasy.  Just, put a shirt on next time mnkay? :lulz:

Go fuck yourself.

LMNO

Wow.  You're an asshole.  Way to go.

Faust

Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 07:40:55 AM
My boyfriend is basically nocturnal. He wanted to spend  the night, and refused melatonin when I offered it to him, and has been in my bed fidgeting every 3 minutes for the last two hours. I am desperately tired and stressed with school, and have to get up at 7 am.

This is one of the only things the fiancée and I ever fight about, I am a fidget (and find very few beds comfortable), I turn every few hours and about once a week I need to get up to the bathroom. She is up at 6:45 to get to work. Maybe I should try melatonin.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on October 14, 2014, 03:27:21 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 07:40:55 AM

This is one of the only things the fiancée and I ever fight about, I am a fidget (and find very few beds comfortable), I turn every few hours and about once a week I need to get up to the bathroom. She is up at 6:45 to get to work. Maybe I should try melatonin.

Turning every three hours I can live with. Random fidgets every three minutes followed by snoring = massively incompatible sleep style, given my "often insomniac hypervigilant" sleep style.

Not saying it's him. It's not him. But it's also not tolerable.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Ah, that sucks, Nigel.  If I'm asleep, then nothing much bothers me.  But if I'm trying to get to sleep, any little thing will keep me up. 

I hope he finds the couch comfortable.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Who do we have here? And how many posts?

Please say we've got a Pennsylvania IP...OH PLEASE, SAY THAT!!! I'd really love to be pushed over the edge to taking actions I'm finding less and less objectionable by the minute.

EDIT: Registered 2011. Dammit. Would it be immoral to blame Pennsylvania for this douche's bullshit anyways?
Back to the fecal matter in the pool