News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

CHANGE you can believe in

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, September 24, 2008, 05:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

ITT, post three or four fundamental revisions of federal policy you would like to see happen.

for example:

- for washington to recognize the importance of the international community
- open and transparent elections certified by the UN
- absolute limits on presidential authority
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

trillian

there are already absolute limits.... the problem is that they are being ignored.

LMNO

Dissolution of political parties.

Or, the addition of 12 more parties.

Companies do not have equivalent rights of citizens (free speech, et al).

tyrannosaurus vex

also: legalize WEED!
            \
        :hippie:
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Dysfunctional Cunt

Any conviction of illegal activityto result in the immediate removal from any government office!  Which of course leads to political officials must be subject to the same laws and such the general public is.

AFK

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on September 24, 2008, 05:35:31 PM
Make lobbying a capital offense.

You mean, Capitol offense?  

Also, my recommendations for change:

Election Day is a Federal Holiday

Develop some sort of automated, online system, that taxpayers can log into to see where their money is actually going.  This way they can either STOP bitching about programs they think they are supporting, but really aren't.  OR, they can START bitching about programs they aren't supporting but think they should.

The President follows up his Sunday Radio address with an hour-long call-in program.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Bruno

Quote from: LMNO on September 24, 2008, 05:23:10 PM

Companies do not have equivalent rights of citizens (free speech, et al).

But the individuals who make up the company do. What's the difference?
Formerly something else...

LMNO

Many of the arguments for lobbying are backed up by saying that a massive corporation has the rights of a citizen.

Essentially, that means that the company can take a billion dollars from it's profits and flood the market with propoganda, political or otherwise, by claiming free speech rights.  The individual employee in that company can't.

So, Big Industry has a lock on Big Media, and independent opposition can't get a foot in the door.

Messier Undertree

Payne

Compulsory combined Geography and History lessons for every official elected. There will be a test afterward. An "F" equals expulsion, an "A" equals further testing.

Messier Undertree

Ban coffee and import Scottish Blend.

Jasper

Oh, this is something I've given thought.

Dissolve the Military Industrial Complex. 

Institute an Approval vote.

Close up corporate tax loopholes.

Increase Jury duty pay.

Enforce separation of church and state.

Dissolve political parties.

Politicians to be fed, clothed, boarded, and provided for to a high quality of life, but not allowed personal possessions or money.

Politicians required to pass certain psychological screening and educational requirements.

Fully socialized health care, including homeopathic, holistic, elective surgery, dental, massage therapy, cosmetics, dietician consultation, free gym access for all. 

Reverse most of what Reagan, Bush jr. & sr.  and Nixon have done.

Free broadband wi-fi in every major city, and wherever else possible.

De-privatize the Federal Reserve, begin use of Digital gold currency.
[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_gold_currency ]

The military spending budget redistributed over ten years into schools and students, research grants, urban development, health care, nonprofit environmental agencies, and low-income aid.

Jenne

I'm a lobbyist.  I'd prefer to NOT be offed for it, kthxbye.

I'm assuming when the word "lobbyist" is bandied about in such a manner, folks are meaning those who get paid and pay out $$$ through big corporations like oil and high finance.

Grassroots people such as myself who lobby for education, health care and civil rights are doing the general tax payer the luxury of fighting for their causes.

Also, dissolution of political parties would not be the catchall solution a lot of people seem to hope it would be.  Who is going to listen to you and back your platform if you don't have another force backing you to vouch for who you are?  Proving who you are and what you do and how much integrity you possess becomes increasingly difficult if you don't have organizational clout.