News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Inevitable, unlimited, annual destruction of the Eastern Seaboard thread

Started by Mangrove, October 27, 2012, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Ecstasy on October 29, 2012, 10:43:12 PM
As someone who lives in the southwest, I can safely point and laugh at Easterners' misfortune.

I have no doubt that you, as a newcomer, will leave a wonderful impression on the rest of the forum by doing so.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Juana

Quote from: American Jackal on October 30, 2012, 01:15:13 AM
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 30, 2012, 01:13:48 AM
Quote from: Ecstasy on October 29, 2012, 10:59:03 PM
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 29, 2012, 10:49:30 PM
And if California sinks, Ecstasy and I will be on the cliffside, kicking refugees back into the maelstrom.  Except for Hovercat and Nast.

Kicking Californians to their deaths sounds just lovely, actually.

Don't kick Garbo, though.  You'll pull back a stump.She'll accidentally the WHOLE thing.
:lulz:
Kicking Shoe Ears back will result in a mauling. She's a little vicious. Just an FYI.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As someone who lives in the southwest, I can safely point and laugh at Easterners' misfortune.

It's clearly a safe bet to join an international forum and then point and laugh at the tragedies and misfortune in another region.

It makes you look like an AWESOME person.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

I'm still running with the theory that our particular part of the city is on the same grid as the hospitals, so they will move their asses to keep us in power.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cain

I'm running on the theory that politicians will cut the power, tell people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and people will feast on fat teabaggers until the water level drops.

LMNO

It was windy, it rained a bit, we lost power between 9:00pm and 6:30am.

So, yeah.  All in all it was fairly relaxing.  A bottle of red wine, a nice home-cooked meal, and an early night.

Suu

Same grid as mafia, Luna lol. Still no cable here, but full power.

Things are not good on the south end of the state, resulting in being called early by the parents once they saw the news, thats not good for my university.  and I cant get a hold of anyone on Long Island or the boros right now. :'(
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Mom was in Port Jeff last night.  No power, but things seemed ok.

Brother in VA, outside DC.  A bit rougher, but all is well.

It's the lower side of NYC and Brooklyn I'm worried about, TBH.

Suu

South Shore got battered. Babylon has no power. I can't get in touch with cousin in Brooklyn.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Boston seems to be ok. Im still really sick though so while villagers gone off to work im still in her room and cannot confirm.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

hooplala

And it'll be HILARIOUS when Lex Luthor aims his missiles at the San Andreas fault!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 30, 2012, 04:11:53 AM
Quote from: American Jackal on October 30, 2012, 01:15:13 AM
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 30, 2012, 01:13:48 AM
Quote from: Ecstasy on October 29, 2012, 10:59:03 PM
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 29, 2012, 10:49:30 PM
And if California sinks, Ecstasy and I will be on the cliffside, kicking refugees back into the maelstrom.  Except for Hovercat and Nast.

Kicking Californians to their deaths sounds just lovely, actually.

Don't kick Garbo, though.  You'll pull back a stump.She'll accidentally the WHOLE thing.
:lulz:
Kicking Shoe Ears back will result in a mauling. She's a little vicious. Just an FYI.

But we have to TRY.  We can't harbor a cannibal.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on October 30, 2012, 01:49:22 PM

And it'll be HILARIOUS when Lex Luthor aims his missiles at the San Andreas fault!

See my response, above.  California may LOOK close to Tucson, where Ecstasy and I both live, but it's not really close in real life.