Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Alty on June 21, 2014, 11:00:38 PM
So, this old creeper here in town has been hungrily staring at me for a decade. At coffee shops I have worked at or frequent, at the only gay bay *shudder*, for a decade.

Turns out he is an objectivist AND a philosophy professor at the main university here and uses John Galt as a screen name.

He thinks scientists are " just as dogmatic as religions."

I am shocked.

Please consult your spiritual advisor, TGRR, for further instructions.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 22, 2014, 04:36:03 AM
So, this old creeper here in town has been hungrily staring at me for a decade. At coffee shops I have worked at or frequent, at the only gay bay *shudder*, for a decade.

Turns out he is an objectivist AND a philosophy professor at the main university here and uses John Galt as a screen name.

I am shocked.

Punch him inna face.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 22, 2014, 06:50:18 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 22, 2014, 04:36:03 AM

I am shocked.

Punch him inna face.
Catapult ez ballz witha spoon.

Cain

WHEe.  Pretty sure I've almost fallen asleep at least twice since starting this post.  Having no sleep in the past 28 hours and having worked 12 of those is certainly taking it's toll.  I'm now concentrating on extremely loud music on intraveneous drip in my earphones to do the job.

Freeky

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 19, 2014, 02:24:40 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on June 19, 2014, 01:23:52 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 19, 2014, 01:18:55 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on June 19, 2014, 12:57:10 AM
I'm going up to Phoenix for Kotei this year this Saturday, I hope.  There theoretically is room for me in a car, plenty of room.  Yes.

Excellent! I mean, Phoenix is terrible, but road trips are awesome.

They are!  We set out after an all-nighter at 6 AM, a good time.  It isn't too hot yet, then.

I HAS A NEW STALKER!

:lulz:  I saw.  Not a particularly interesting one, either, which is a shame. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Other than my dryer being broken, shit's about as good as it gets.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on June 22, 2014, 07:05:10 PM
WHEe.  Pretty sure I've almost fallen asleep at least twice since starting this post.  Having no sleep in the past 28 hours and having worked 12 of those is certainly taking it's toll.  I'm now concentrating on extremely loud music on intraveneous drip in my earphones to do the job.

I hope you get rest soon, you've got a lot on your plate.

Freeky

Freeky

So I misspoke when I said Kotei was in Phoenix.  I knew it wasn't exactly Phoenix, but I thought Prescott was part of it.  Nope.  :lulz:  We made the trip (whic mapquest said should take three hours and twenty minutes) in a little more than two hours.  My deck turned out to be shy in such a major competition, and I didn't do well at all.  But that's okay, because I had fun anyway.  And in a for funsies game after I was trounced due to deck lock in ten minutes (rounds were a firm 45), I flattened the guy in another fifteen.  So that's a thing. :)

Freeky

A strange and worrying development: 

Quote from: The Monkey's dadWe really need to get The Monkey seen by a doctor to be tested for ADD,ADHD, and anything eles. He is acting up at school by hitting other kids, and spitting on them. He is wetting his pants and he has even shit his pants just because he could. If we don't help him now we will be the reason for his failure.

Monkey only rarely hits people at his daycare when it's my week to watch him, less than once a week for the most part, and he's never wet or pooped himself before, once he was fully potty trained.  I've got him into behavioral health services, but he's only seen a counselor so far, because I can't get hold of doctors and so on.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Prescott is really pretty.

Good luck with the Monkey.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

minuspace

Perhaps monkey is angry about the weekly transitions - I just needed to say that - it's nobody's fault and can still be very difficult for monkey.

Freeky

It's possible, and distressing if so.  Possibly now that I've gotten him to some professionals, any damage done can be helped, and someone can help him cope with anger issues.

I am hopeful.