News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Are you sure?

Started by Adios, August 27, 2010, 05:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 27, 2010, 04:46:47 PM
Okay, let's assume ghosts exist. 

What then?  I mean, I hate most people, and the notion that they won't even go away if they die fills me with rage.  If there are ghosts, we need to find a way to troll them.  That is all.

:lulz:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 27, 2010, 04:50:22 PM
Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 27, 2010, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 27, 2010, 04:39:20 PM
Where I grew up, if you talked about something like this, you just said what you saw. The old people would then just tell some of the things they had seen.

For those of you who don't like the labels, they rarely ever put a label on it, and I guess just considered it part of life.

Weird, huh?

I get where you're coming from.

For me (subjective opinion), the word "ghost" has implications that can't necessarily be determined from what you told me you experienced; that is, you saw the spirit or residue of a previously living human being that somehow continued on after death, maintaining its anthropomorphic shape and movement.

I know, I know.  Son of a scientist.  

But 'ghost' is easier to type than 'paranormal'.

UNFO; Unidentified Non-Flying Object? ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Don Coyote

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 27, 2010, 04:51:05 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 27, 2010, 04:46:47 PM
Okay, let's assume ghosts exist. 

What then?  I mean, I hate most people, and the notion that they won't even go away if they die fills me with rage.  If there are ghosts, we need to find a way to troll them.  That is all.

:lulz:

I also  :lulz:

LMNO

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 27, 2010, 04:50:22 PM
Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 27, 2010, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 27, 2010, 04:39:20 PM
Where I grew up, if you talked about something like this, you just said what you saw. The old people would then just tell some of the things they had seen.

For those of you who don't like the labels, they rarely ever put a label on it, and I guess just considered it part of life.

Weird, huh?

I get where you're coming from.

For me (subjective opinion), the word "ghost" has implications that can't necessarily be determined from what you told me you experienced; that is, you saw the spirit or residue of a previously living human being that somehow continued on after death, maintaining its anthropomorphic shape and movement.

I know, I know.  Son of a scientist.  

But 'ghost' is easier to type than 'paranormal'.

I still think "weird shit" is the most concise and accurate description.

Adios

Maybe so. For all we know when this shit happens it is a weakness in the curtain between parallel universes and they are actually real people from a different time or place.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 27, 2010, 05:00:13 PM
Maybe so. For all we know when this shit happens it is a weakness in the curtain between parallel universes and they are actually real people from a different time or place.

Exactly :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

The amount of things we currently know about the universe that would have to be wrong for that to be the case makes that explanation highly improbably, but... yeah.  Could be.

Adios

I know, but I just stuck it out there.

Adios

To those of you who have PM'ed me about this (and who will forever remain un-named) thank you and I understand why.

I guess I just put my stupid on display all the tine, so I am used to it.

:D

Doktor Howl

Worse thought.  When I die, I could become a ghost.  Then, when you slack-jawed monkey fuckers act all stupid, I won't even be able to choke you.

There is a hell.  :tgrr:
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 27, 2010, 05:39:57 PM
Worse thought.  When I die, I could become a ghost.  Then, when you slack-jawed monkey fuckers act all stupid, I won't even be able to choke you.

There is a hell.  :tgrr:

But you might be able to ice their balls at a critical moment.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I have had to much weird shit happen to me not to believe that there is "something" out there.  Call it a ghost, spirit, discernable energy, whatever.  I believe.

My mother sends me really weird messages on the radio.  So how can I argue against that?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Khara on August 27, 2010, 06:11:09 PM
I have had to much weird shit happen to me not to believe that there is "something" out there.  Call it a ghost, spirit, discernable energy, whatever.  I believe.

My mother sends me really weird messages on the radio.  So how can I argue against that?

Like I said, I'm only speaking to my own beliefs, given the evidence I've seen.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Maybe the paranormal is afraid of Dok Howl? I could just imagine a ghost or some shit trying to haunt him. It would not end well the haunt.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Secret Level on August 27, 2010, 06:35:14 PM
Maybe the paranormal is afraid of Dok Howl? I could just imagine a ghost or some shit trying to haunt him. It would not end well the haunt.

More like frustration.  I'd just write off a ghost as lingering cactus hallucinations.  Eventually, the ghost would write me off as retarded and leave.
Molon Lube