News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Perfect home made hash browns

Started by DECI4, January 17, 2012, 10:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DECI4

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 18, 2012, 07:31:50 AM
I seriously want to know where the fuck this cockstain works so I can be sure to never eat there.

Yea you said that already. Did you need someone to acknowledge it or something?
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: DECI4 on January 18, 2012, 07:13:48 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 18, 2012, 06:52:51 AM
Quote from: DECI4 on January 18, 2012, 04:14:29 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 18, 2012, 03:01:53 AM
Lard or GTFO, chick who can't spell gnocchi and thinks nonstick = teflon.

I gave you more credit  than fuckyouoneeye.

*shakes head sadly*

Why? He's a professional chef and I'm a college student who makes a living selling beads.

I also used to sell high-end and professional kitchenware for a living, and know that while "nonstick" means "Teflon™" to consumers, it means something entirely different to professional chefs, because Teflon coating is completely impractical in a production setting.

Also I can spell gnocchi, if not cook them.

LOL wow. I respond to someone pretending they are supposed to push raw potato through a ricer by using the most blatant phonetic misspelling of gnocchi a child could imagine and you guys are giggling to each other when even the most obvious and lame jokes go right over your head? Boy you guys sure showed me!  :lol:

Pro tip: If you were working in any kitchen and asked someone to hand you a "non-stick pan" which you wouldn't, you would ask for an egg pan or a large egg pan, they would not hand you a cast iron skillet. As for "production settings" any place that serves breakfast uses "non stick pans", not cast iron. You would use cast iron for frittatas and that is about it. In fact speaking of nyoki, we used to use egg pans to pan fry them in brown butter.
Dude, What? I make glass, not sure what it is you're talking about here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

DECI4

Quote from: Nigel on January 18, 2012, 07:46:57 AM

*shakes head sadly*

Why? He's a professional chef and I'm a college student who makes a living selling beads.

I also used to sell high-end and professional kitchenware for a living, and know that while "nonstick" means "Teflon™" to consumers, it means something entirely different to professional chefs, because Teflon coating is completely impractical in a production setting.

LOL wow. I respond to someone pretending they are supposed to push raw potato through a ricer by using the most blatant phonetic misspelling of gnocchi a child could imagine and you guys are giggling to each other when even the most obvious and lame jokes go right over your head? Boy you guys sure showed me!  :lol:

Pro tip: If you were working in any kitchen and asked someone to hand you a "non-stick pan" which you wouldn't, you would ask for an egg pan or a large egg pan, they would not hand you a cast iron skillet. As for "production settings" any place that serves breakfast uses "non stick pans", not cast iron. You would use cast iron for frittatas and that is about it. In fact speaking of nyoki, we used to use egg pans to pan fry them in brown butter.
You got that glass? Shards? Yo pm me girl I got cash in hand no SHIT!
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

East Coast Hustle

*shakes head sadly*

yeah, because they totally don't make cast iron egg pans.

Anyway, when it comes to non-stick pans, Calphalon or GTFO.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: DECI4 on January 18, 2012, 07:55:03 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 18, 2012, 07:46:57 AM

*shakes head sadly*

You got that glass? Shards? Yo pm me girl I got cash in hand no SHIT!

Ah, a tweeker.

This all makes alot more sense now.

And don't bother trying to convince us that was a joke.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 18, 2012, 01:39:41 PM
Anyway, when it comes to non-stick pans, Calphalon or GTFO.

I inherited 3 calphalon pans when Dad died and I absolutely love them.  LOVE THEM!!!

I still use my cast iron for a lot though.  There are just some things that have to be made in cast iron to taste right to me.  Cornbread is a good example. :lulz:

Sita

I have never heard of Calphalon. I'm thinking that means I need to go to some high end place and not Wal-Mart to get them...
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Elder Iptuous

i think we got our calphalon pan at Target.  not too expensive.  the high end cooking stores will rape your wallet for the same products you can get elsewhere, in my experience.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I'm fairly certain Dad got his at WalMart or Target, he hated having to go anywhere else to shop.  I could be wrong and unfortunately can't ask.

Sita

Will have to take a closer look next time I'm at the store then. Got tax money coming and one of the things we want to get are new pots and pans (damn teflon is coming off what we have)
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Sita on January 18, 2012, 03:47:39 PM
Will have to take a closer look next time I'm at the store then. Got tax money coming and one of the things we want to get are new pots and pans (damn teflon is coming off what we have)

If you can't find caphalon then get cast iron, it lasts forever, what I have was my grandmother's and will eventually be my daughter's.  :lulz:

Sita

Quote from: Khara on January 18, 2012, 03:48:40 PM

If you can't find caphalon then get cast iron, it lasts forever, what I have was my grandmother's and will eventually be my daughter's.  :lulz:
Hubby would love to have cast iron, but we haven't been able to find it either. Gonna have to make a trip to Tampa, I think.

Elder Iptuous

although i didn't do it on my cast iron pan, i have heard that you get a much better non stick surface (and more quickly seasoned) if you take an orbital sander to it to get it as smooth as possible before you start the process.
i can totally see that, since the pan i got, and all the others i've seen in the store since hearing that, have a fairly rough surface at purchase.

you know anything about that, Hustle?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Sita on January 18, 2012, 03:51:22 PM
Quote from: Khara on January 18, 2012, 03:48:40 PM

Hubby would love to have cast iron, but we haven't been able to find it either. Gonna have to make a trip to Tampa, I think.

Maybe online?  Or I know many of the Cabella's or other camping hunting type stores have them.