News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Perfect home made hash browns

Started by DECI4, January 17, 2012, 10:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

i got my cast iron from target, as well, i believe.

Sita

Z-hills needs to get a Target. We've got Kmart and Walmart but no Target :(
Though I think there is one in Wesley Chapel, which would be closer than the one in Tampa...

Will put the idea in the husband's head. There's other stuff we can do while we are out that way too.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Elder Iptuous

you could order over the intarwebs?
a hunk of cast iron is about as foolproof a thing you could select to buy sight unseen, i would think?

Sita

Quote from: Iptuous on January 18, 2012, 04:12:25 PM
you could order over the intarwebs?
a hunk of cast iron is about as foolproof a thing you could select to buy sight unseen, i would think?

Oh, I'm sure we'll do that if we have to. But my husband likes to get his hands on stuff before he buys it if possible.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sita on January 18, 2012, 04:10:56 PM
Z-hills needs to get a Target. We've got Kmart and Walmart but no Target :(
Though I think there is one in Wesley Chapel, which would be closer than the one in Tampa...

Will put the idea in the husband's head. There's other stuff we can do while we are out that way too.

Many hardware stores either have or can order cast iron cookware.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Iptuous on January 18, 2012, 03:53:45 PM
although i didn't do it on my cast iron pan, i have heard that you get a much better non stick surface (and more quickly seasoned) if you take an orbital sander to it to get it as smooth as possible before you start the process.
i can totally see that, since the pan i got, and all the others i've seen in the store since hearing that, have a fairly rough surface at purchase.

you know anything about that, Hustle?

Never tried it myself but it makes sense to me.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The OP was actually a nearly perfectly composed troll post. I appreciate the elegant simplicity.

1. A very simple task
2. A condescending presentation
3. Massive logistical failures that are obvious to people who possess specific knowledge, yet invisible to those who don't

Well done, really.

It would be an even bigger win if it got someone to actually try to rice a raw potato.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, point taken. :lulz:

It's too bad DERPI4 couldn't just be cool here and use those talents on more rewarding targets.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

DECI4

Quote from: Nigel on January 19, 2012, 12:16:28 AM
The OP was actually a nearly perfectly composed troll post. I appreciate the elegant simplicity.

1. A very simple task
3. Massive logistical failures that are obvious to people who possess specific knowledge, yet invisible to those who don't

Well done, really.

It would be an even bigger win if it got someone to actually try to rice a raw potato.

Sorry Nigel, but you are the failure. I gave very specific instructions that nobody in their right mind (save fuckyouoneeue) would refute and you guys are too thick and simple minded to take advantage of. Enjoy your failbrowns. In fact I would challenge you to ignore my advice and do the opposite of what i RECCOMEND IN MY Op, and tell me how your hash browns turn out.

Follow the leader sheeple.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 19, 2012, 12:31:47 AM

It's too bad DERPI4 couldn't just be cool here and use those talents on more rewarding targets.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 19, 2012, 01:28:55 AM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 19, 2012, 12:31:47 AM

Yeah, pretty much. Seems cool and pretty smart, would probably be fun to troll with.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: DECI4 on January 19, 2012, 01:14:33 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 19, 2012, 12:16:28 AM

1. A very simple task

Well done, really.

Sorry Nigel, but you are the failure. I gave very specific instructions that nobody in their right mind (save fuckyouoneeue) would refute and you guys are too thick and simple minded to take advantage of. Enjoy your failbrowns. In fact I would challenge you to ignore my advice and do the opposite of what i RECCOMEND IN MY Op, and tell me how your hash browns turn out.

Follow the leader sheeple.

Dude, there's already someone here who does the recipe-fail troll, and does it way funnier than you do. I do like your style though, and it certainly has been effective at getting members here actually arguing with you about shit like ricing raw potatoes, which is pretty fucking funny. Or using riced potatoes for hash browns. Good one. A ricer is useful for squeezing out the moisture if you use raw potatoes, though.

Also, lard or GTFO. Seriously, there is never an excuse for using "cooking oil" for panfrying. But you know that.

Don Coyote

I FUCKING LOVE LARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Freeky

The Dark Empress Nigel left lard at The Wall.

Tucson hasn't been the same since.