News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

An exercise for BIPers and GSPers

Started by AFK, February 16, 2007, 02:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I kind of also take it as a description of how the human mind works.  It wants to see patterns in things, sometimes so desperately that it will "make sense" of completely random bullshit, and the ascribe meaning to it.

But you probably already knew that.

Doc Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2007, 03:59:05 PM
I kind of also take it as a description of how the human mind works.  It wants to see patterns in things, sometimes so desperately that it will "make sense" of completely random bullshit, and the ascribe meaning to it.

But you probably already knew that.

Yeah, that's where we get religion.  Well, that and circular reasoning.
GET IT OFF ME!

Cain

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 03:56:55 PM
That's a relief.  I'd hate to think I spent the last 25 years laughing at something that wasn't intended to be a joke.

Yeah, thats why quite a few n00bs here have been flamed.  And why the 50 post rule came in.

ZOMG11!  5+0 = 5 ROTFLOL

I know its going to happen one day, and that person will  be permabanned if they are serious.

Doc Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2007, 04:02:34 PM
Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 03:56:55 PM
That's a relief.  I'd hate to think I spent the last 25 years laughing at something that wasn't intended to be a joke.

Yeah, thats why quite a few n00bs here have been flamed.  And why the 50 post rule came in.

ZOMG11!  5+0 = 5 ROTFLOL

I know its going to happen one day, and that person will  be permabanned if they are serious.

Why would you permaban them?  You can't buy that kind of fun.
GET IT OFF ME!

LMNO

Cain

Perhaps, but when you've seen one you've seen them all, and they give me headaches.  From slamming my head against my desk.  Its me or them.

Doc Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2007, 04:09:07 PM
Truth be told, it can get tiresome.

Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2007, 04:09:21 PM
Perhaps, but when you've seen one you've seen them all, and they give me headaches.  From slamming my head against my desk.  Its me or them.

Yeah, I can see that.  You should try tending bar when the local college kids hear that it (the bar) is a "Discordian hangout".  Every last moron feels the need to quote that stupid fucking book at you, until you start telling them to shut the fuck up or you'll kill them.  Then they get all upset, and the boss gives you shit about it, and you spend the rest of the night glowering at them and slamming their drinks down on the bar just a little too hard.  Meanwhile, the people that gave the bar that reputation have moved on to another bar to escape the fuckwads, leaving you to the mercies of the dumbshits.
GET IT OFF ME!

LMNO

Where the fuck do you live that the word "Discordian" is commonly known?

Doc Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2007, 04:17:25 PM
Where the fuck do you live that the word "Discordian" is commonly known?

Near a state university.

Specifically, Batavia, Il.  Which is too close to NIU.
GET IT OFF ME!

LMNO

Fuck, I live in Boston, with dozens of colleges all around me, and nobody knows what the hell I'm talking about.

Thanks for small favors, I guess.

Doc Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2007, 04:21:34 PM
Fuck, I live in Boston, with dozens of colleges all around me, and nobody knows what the hell I'm talking about.

Thanks for small favors, I guess.

Just wait.  It's coming back in style, and before you know it, you'll be up to your ass in little fuckwads chanting the shit at you.

Especially since those two discordians shut your fucking CITY down for a day.  Gotta love the press conference, though.
GET IT OFF ME!

Cain

I'm in the same boat as LMNO.  There are about two Discordians in this town, in total.

Edit: two self-proclaimed.  About 6 or 7, in practice and a state of denial.

LMNO

I thought the Mooninite thing was a blast.  Especially as it didn't affect my commute.

As soon as the news showed an example of the "suspicious device," I started laughing my ass off.

Doc Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2007, 04:23:59 PM
I'm in the same boat as LMNO.  There are about two Discordians in this town, in total.

Count your blessings.  On the other hand, we get one real recruit for every 100 morons, so we get a couple of new people a year to help keep things gummed up.  The hardest thing is avoiding the "royalty" problem.  You know, where you get the urge to lord it over the people who haven't been fukcing around for the last quarter century.  On the plus side, that's good for maintaining a sense of perspective.

GET IT OFF ME!

Doc Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2007, 04:26:54 PM
I thought the Mooninite thing was a blast.  Especially as it didn't affect my commute.

As soon as the news showed an example of the "suspicious device," I started laughing my ass off.

Did you catch the press conference they gave after their arrest?
GET IT OFF ME!