News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Unicorns rock.

Started by whatc, February 16, 2009, 03:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatc

This one does anyway. This is from sculpture course that ended last week. We got plenty of material to use..meaning old floor planks with shitload of nails in them. Needs to be cleaned up a bit and there's that lump on the neck..
Theme was "World tree or another world explanation" -or anything that was meaningful for us. The materials used and/or the way the work was constructed should be somehow linked to the idea.
So i went with the "is the thought of a unicorn.." and hobby horse would make a nice dada reference.
Thought Dancing Star would be a good horse name (haha)

They didn't get it..but they liked it. Never mention discordianism in public.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cute

I especially like how the lack of a seat renders it clearly non-functional sculpture.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

whatc

Thank you. I was thinking of adding handles at one point so someone might actually dare to try it. Though the thing would propably flip over because those skids(?) might be just a little too steep...

Jasper

Yeah, add handlebars and make the legs about 1.5x longer so people try to ride it and totally eat shit.

Rumckle

Nice.

You should also sharpen the horn in that case.

Don't. Fuck. With. Unicorns.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

whatc

Heh, the horn is pretty sharp actually(unlike the pictures). It's also quite heavy and while rocking it makes this rumbling sound.. People just took few steps back then :D