News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

All I wanted was a taco.

Started by trix, October 19, 2011, 01:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trix

All I wanted was a taco.

Where's my keys?  Oh in my pocket already.  Got my cigs? Yup. A light? Yup. Okay. Put on my hat and my shoes, pull open the door.  Fuckin old broken stairs, have to go down carefu-- shit! Forgot my money on the dresser.  Grumble as I turn around to get them.

Outside, trying to start the van.  Fucking ancient peice of shit. Rumble rumble, die.  Rumble, die.  Rumble rumble, roar!  There we go.  I suddenly like my loud ass van again.  It's surprisingly reliable, all things considered.

Okay, I take a left here and then-
"SCREEEETCH"
*SMASH!*
*CRASH!*

Mouth gaping open, I watch the speeding car that had swerved wildly to avoid hitting me.  Watched in awe as it went right through the guardrail and toppled off the bridge.  Quickly, I pull my van off to the side and run to the edge of the bridge, just in time to see the car sinking under.  I see the door open and the driver swim his way out, coming to the surface.  He watches his car sink, shaking his head.  I yell down, ask if there's anyone else in the car, and if he's okay.  He looks up at me, confirms himself as the only occupant.  And yes he is fine thank you very much.

He swims to the shore as I make my way around the bridge to see if I can help.  He is surprisingly calm.  He tells me the engine had suddenly died, but the car kept rolling as if in neutral.  He said he pushed the brakes and they weren't working at all.  He stomped hard on them and they suddenly kicked in, full force, causing him to lose control and go for a swim.

Shaking my head in sympathy, I ask if he'd like to use my phone.  He shakes his head and asks what the fuck was wrong with his car.

It was obvious, wasn't it?

His engine is flooded.

- trix,
hopes he got revenge on the Rev.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And you said you couldn't write.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Murmur

Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR