News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

My... "Interests" - TRIGGER WARNING: EVERYTHING!!11!

Started by POFP, June 10, 2015, 08:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Rev Thwack

Quote from: Hoopla on June 11, 2015, 04:04:26 PM
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be" - Kurt Vonnegut
So, if I pretend to be an astronaut, I'll get to travel into space? Awesome!
My balls itch...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 11, 2015, 06:20:32 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 11, 2015, 06:17:37 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 11, 2015, 06:16:50 AM
What I love is how these guys think that doubling-down will let them WIN.

There's no possible prize for "victory", but still they try.  And try and try and try.

A few months later, they're a curiosity in the Peanut Gallery subforum.

A few months after that, the next one kicks the door in with their underwear on their heads, bound and determined to SHOW US ALL.

It's like the beautiful, ineffable cycle of life.

We could call it "AKK's Principle", if we could tighten it up a bit.

I feel like it needs a diagram. Hmmm...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 11, 2015, 03:42:52 PM
I think it might be worth pointing out that, as has been noted many times here previously, there is no functional difference between acting like a loathsome person on the internet and actually being one on the internet.

Fixed

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 11, 2015, 03:38:01 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 06:26:41 AM
Nigel, your posts are getting edgier and edgier with every passing minute. Your apathy is obviously just a subconscious defense mechanism created by your delicate ego. Luckily, I have experience with such unfortunate predispositions.

If you ever want help with that, just let me know. I've studied megalomaniacs for years, now - Online and off. I'm quite in-tune with the little mind tricks they play on themselves.

:lol: I'm going to assume at this point that you're trying to be funny. Congratulations, you have succeeded.

Long ago, when realizing the awful reality of what I was, compared to what I wanted to be, I too thought it funny.

That is also a defense mechanism.

Quote from: Hoopla on June 11, 2015, 04:04:26 PM
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be" - Kurt Vonnegut

I pretended to be a nice guy pretending to be a smart guy pretending to be a narcissist pretending to be a troll pretending to be kidding.

But I ended up a dog. Hurt Vonagenuts was slightly off, I'm afraid.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

hooplala

Actually, you started boring, and ended boring.

Not much of a character arc.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

POFP

Quote from: Hoopla on June 11, 2015, 07:58:21 PM

I think that says much less about my efforts, and more about your lack of a sense of humor. I can only guess, by your blatantly dull and emotionless reactions to almost anything anyone says, that you are probably depressed and/or lonely, and have been for quite some time. As someone who's been manipulating relationships and feelings since they were a boy, I can give you the necessary advice to make people like you and like being around you. That is, as long as your self-esteem doesn't keep you unwilling to help yourself.

If your self-esteem is holding you back, then I can provide cleverly crafted compliments (In limited supply of course, we wouldn't want you getting a big head) throughout my stay here so as to make the transition more productive.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 09:51:41 PM

I think that says much less about my efforts, and more about your lack of a sense of humor. I can only guess, by your blatantly dull and emotionless reactions to almost anything anyone says, that you are probably depressed and/or lonely, and have been for quite some time. As someone who's been manipulating relationships and feelings since they were a boy, I can give you the necessary advice to make people like you and like being around you. That is, as long as your self-esteem doesn't keep you unwilling to help yourself.

If your self-esteem is holding you back, then I can provide cleverly crafted compliments (In limited supply of course, we wouldn't want you getting a big head) throughout my stay here so as to make the transition more productive.

Ok, you giving people likability lessons is a little funny.  I'll give you that much.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

POFP

Quote from: Hoopla on June 11, 2015, 09:55:33 PM

Ok, you giving people likability lessons is a little funny.  I'll give you that much.

Hesitant to accept my help? It's alright, all you need is a little push from a friend.

(I'll go ahead and start with the compliments)

Honestly Hoopla, just by talking to me, you give me so much more. Your presence on this forum really makes the place much more sincere and positive.

(To balance out any ego over-boost that the compliment might cause, I will also provide a suggestion on something that you can improve on.)

But, you might want to work on expressing emotion in your posts. Expression of emotion is one of the greater ways in which people relate to each other. Expressing a little emotion, maybe through a simple smiley face here and there, or an expression of surprise through onomatopoeia, will give people a better chance to relate with you, and want to spend more time around you.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

hooplala

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 10:13:09 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 11, 2015, 09:55:33 PM

Hesitant to accept my help? It's alright, all you need is a little push from a friend.

(I'll go ahead and start with the compliments)

Honestly Hoopla, just by talking to me, you give me so much more. Your presence on this forum really makes the place much more sincere and positive.

(To balance out any ego over-boost that the compliment might cause, I will also provide a suggestion on something that you can improve on.)

But, you might want to work on expressing emotion in your posts. Expression of emotion is one of the greater ways in which people relate to each other. Expressing a little emotion, maybe through a simple smiley face here and there, or an expression of surprise through onomatopoeia, will give people a better chance to relate with you, and want to spend more time around you.

Oh.  You're going to continue.  That's tedious.  :kingmeh:

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

POFP

The Johnny

Armchair-psychologist moment:

Why do you thrive on negative attention? Do you touch yourself with one hand while replying with the other?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Johnny on June 12, 2015, 12:58:23 AM

Why do you thrive on negative attention? Do you touch yourself with one hand while replying with the other?

19 and lonely, is my guess.

He's doing the inevitable attention-seeking spiral of shame.

Hopefully he'll eventually grow up enough to look back on this and be embarrassed. Most of them do. Not all of them, though. Remember that one Australian who got super into meth? That guy never really did. What was his name?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 12, 2015, 02:35:42 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on June 12, 2015, 12:58:23 AM

19 and lonely, is my guess.

He's doing the inevitable attention-seeking spiral of shame.

Hopefully he'll eventually grow up enough to look back on this and be embarrassed. Most of them do. Not all of them, though. Remember that one Australian who got super into meth? That guy never really did. What was his name?

Dalekk was one of them, but he's Bulgarian. I dont remember Aussies here.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner