News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Republicans vote to raise taxes, over Obama's objections.

Started by Precious Moments Zalgo, December 02, 2011, 05:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Precious Moments Zalgo

Obama wants to extend a tax cut, but the Republicans voted against extending it because they say this tax cut costs too much.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9RC43TO0.htm

QuoteMany Republicans and even some Democrats say the payroll tax cut hasn't worked to boost jobs and is too costly with the federal deficit requiring the government to borrow 36 cents of every dollar it spends.
This is of course, totally unlike the capital gains tax cut that the Republicans did vote to extend, which costs nothing and has created oodles of jobs.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

The Republitards don't want to tax the millionaires.  Pure and simple.

The Democrats voting against this should just be taken out and shot.  They're thinking of the next term's elections, period.

Precious Moments Zalgo

When Obama wanted to let parts of the Bush tax cuts expire, the Republicans were all, not extending a tax cut is the same as a tax increase, and you can't increase taxes during a recession because it's like bad or something.  Well, last time I checked we were still in a recession, and now the Republicans are the ones voting to let a tax cut expire, aka voting to raise taxes.  

I think this is something that needs to be pointed out to others rather loudly.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Jenne

It will fall on deaf ears, but ok.  :lol:

No srsly, the folks in the Republicans' corner seem firmly entrenched--it's why they have a current fun of buttchugging CRAZY taking over their party.  No matter how ridiculous, there's no end to the loyalty!  Plausible deniability in perpetuity.

We'd have to extract the stupid gland out of them first.  And I'm fresh outta scalpels...

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS