Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, June 17, 2009, 04:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 01, 2010, 02:46:51 PM
THE AMAZING POWER OF ACCIDENTAL INTENT

HELP I ACCIDENTALLY THE ENTIRE SIGIL

IS THIS BAD?

THE AMAZING POWER OF INTENTIONAL DELIBERATION

The Amazing Power of Intentional Accidents: How to Screw With Insurance Companies and People You Hate

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Herbertina Merrique V

The first and only time I ever tried any of the sigil stuff, I ended up vomiting. Violently. For the entire night.
Aaaaand for science, I will try it again!  :lulz:

Okay, so there were lots of other cases of stomach flu in my school that week, but please let me believe I have discovered a Magickqal Super Secret Occult Make-myself-vomit-my-guts-out Spell. :fap:

IMA SIGILMANCER LOL! PH3AR MAH POWAHHHH!!
 \

:vom:
THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

This is why you subliminally superimpose sigils on pictures of eyes and such, not pictures of goatse.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cain

If this thread were combined with the most recent thread on magic, it would quite likely create a black hole of stupidity, which would not only consume the entire site, but probably sites well out of our orbit, like TCC and xkcd.

There is probably a downside, though.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2010, 08:10:57 PM
If this thread were combined with the most recent thread on magic, it would quite likely create a black hole of stupidity, which would not only consume the entire site, but probably sites well out of our orbit, like TCC and xkcd.

There is probably a downside, though.

Well i can't think of anything.

Herbertina Merrique V

:argh!: Sigils? Magic? Stupid? Noooo way, man. You're just not, like, enlightened enough, you know.

Now, here's a sigil I just made. Guess what it stands for?

THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

You want Lysergic to vomit Maui when the age of Aquarius starts?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 20, 2010, 08:34:14 PM
You want Lysergic to vomit Maui when the age of Aquarius starts?

That's Cain. He beat up Lys and stole one of his scarves, iirc.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Oh, okay. In that case -- you want Cain to vomit out an essay comparing the political positions of Edo-period Kyoto with the 12th century french hermeticists?

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 11, 2009, 10:07:55 PM
Sigils alone don't effect physical reality, though it may be that they can help with some programming (I am going to be less judgmental / I am going to be more assertive).

aren't those really just affirmations and mental scripts?

Quote from: Burns on November 12, 2009, 07:17:05 PM
I thought that the logo was to get the consumer familiar with the product so that when they see the image they'll associate it in terms of the emotion the commercial was trying to convey.  That's the subconscious message planted in a logo not the logo itself.  This way they choose the familiar product over the less familiar product. The logo is the vehicle not the message.

This. The only use i can think of for sigils is more of a logo-work thing. It, to me, seems more effective appealing to a mental state or an emotion repeatedly and establishing an anchor which links to that state or emotion, rather than appealing to a purposeful goal or process that's more complex, less translatable to the subconscious that doesn't get any repetition. But for this, you need only the capacity for self-hypnosis, or meditation, a particular mental state or emotion, and a mnemonic device (a word, a sound, a symbol, a gesture, a scent, etc) to recall the state. hardly magical. (though the mechanism is so strange to people that you can use it for all sorts of mentalism effects...)
Ya' stupid Yank.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Prater Festwo on January 20, 2010, 09:12:55 PMBut for this, you need only the capacity for self-hypnosis, or meditation, a particular mental state or emotion, and a mnemonic device (a word, a sound, a symbol, a gesture, a scent, etc) to recall the state. hardly magical. (though the mechanism is so strange to people that you can use it for all sorts of mentalism effects...)

You just described the whole basis of magic in more scientific terms, and called it "not magic".[/captainobvious]