News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Anti Music/Structureless Sound/Total Noise Bliss

Started by Frenzied Destruction, June 26, 2007, 03:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frenzied Destruction

Yeah. Im not doing anything particularily ''unique'' (there is a entire genre of music called harsh noise that is dedicated to sounding like this),However i would like to think that my music embraces the idea that chaos can be just as valuable as structure, if not more.
www.myspace.com/frenzieddestruction

check out the pics section, it has some from my first live show, complete with some guy in a mexican wrestler mask and a umbrella.
Also, does anyone else here make chaos/discordian/anti-music flavored stuff? we should release a net compilation or something.Yeah.hope this doesnt count as spam or advertising or whatever, this seems like a awesome place to post.
(Member of the Cabal Of A Thousand Hordes)
No structure/No fascist musical notes/Just Freedom and Noise:www.myspace.com/frenzieddestruction

Cramulus

I was in a music group called "the Dave Rogers-Berry Horror Choir" in which the whole 20 person choral arrangement consisted entirely of horror-movie style screaming, with tribal drums in the background. It was an attempt to make a full tonal range at the maximum volume possible. Totally kicked ass.

I'd check out your music, but judging from how you describe it, it wouldn't agree with the people in adjacent cubicles. will check it out later.

AFK

I'll have to check this out later as well.

One of my projects, The Illegitimate Son of Convention is my forray into "Bad Wrong Music".  Maybe not in the exact same mode as yours, but probably similar spirit.

www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention

and

rwhn.multiply.com

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Some structure here, I moved past the noise thing a while back.  Still, the guitar adds plenty of chaos:

myspace.com/emptiesmusic

The Littlest Ubermensch

In recent news: harsh noise still pisses me off.

My limits for noise end at Throbbing Gristle, and anything more grating than that just makes me annoyed.

And while I'd like to do more weird, out there music, my stuff tends to be rather normal.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Triple Zero

i've heard "noise" live a few times (Nic Endo, among others), i'm usually too busy worrying about my ears to try and find out if i can enjoy the music.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

I own every Einsturzende Neubauten disc available.

AFK

I'm not too into the noise scene and honestly I don't really know too much about it.  But I know some of my favorite performances and songs from groups like Nirvana, Sonic Youth, were when they delved into the feedback drenched numbers.  I was watching 1991: The Year Punk Broke last night and I love the live version of Expressway to Yr. Skull by Sonic Youth.  I don't know why but to me the feedback interplay between Ronaldo and Moore's guitars is very appealing to me.  It makes it hard to listen to their studio stuff because it's so much more restrained. 

Frenzied Destruction

You dont need to worry about damaging your ears, just listen at a reasonable volume,as frequencys cant damage hearing, but volume can. Id worry more about live shows, if hearing loss is something that scares you.(also, id suggest getting a pair of ''musicians earplugs'' you can still hear anything, but you get to not go deaf at insanely loud concerts.)...I dont understand how harsh noise can ''piss someone off'',but hey,some people dont like tomatos, some do. oh, and illegitimate son of convention is pretty neat.
No structure/No fascist musical notes/Just Freedom and Noise:www.myspace.com/frenzieddestruction

Cramulus

Quote from: Frenzied Destruction on June 26, 2007, 06:41:04 PMI dont understand how harsh noise can ''piss someone off''

reminds me of--

my Senior year at college, they got Thurston Moore (of Sonic Youth) to headline the school's big spring festival. People were really excited until he played continuous guitar feedback for 45 minutes.

LMNO

I'm wondering what they were expecting, anyway, 45 minutes of "Kool Thing"?

Frenzied Destruction

they probobly figured his solo stuff would sound more like sonic youth,Instead of lovely feedback.
This is one of the things thats great about noise---total freedom. Wanna record yourself making one continuous unchanging tone of feedback for two hours, have the uncontrollable urge to mic ripping paper and run it through guitair pedals? just insane? start a noise project!

AFK

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on June 26, 2007, 07:22:26 PM
Quote from: Frenzied Destruction on June 26, 2007, 06:41:04 PMI dont understand how harsh noise can ''piss someone off''

reminds me of--

my Senior year at college, they got Thurston Moore (of Sonic Youth) to headline the school's big spring festival. People were really excited until he played continuous guitar feedback for 45 minutes.

So in otherwords, an extended version of "Elegy for All Dead Rock Stars"  sounds like a killer show to me.  

Quote from: Frenzied Destruction on June 26, 2007, 07:54:38 PM
they probobly figured his solo stuff would sound more like sonic youth,Instead of lovely feedback.
This is one of the things thats great about noise---total freedom. Wanna record yourself making one continuous unchanging tone of feedback for two hours, have the uncontrollable urge to mic ripping paper and run it through guitair pedals? just insane? start a noise project!

I like this guy.  I have to admit I've always wanted to do a show where I just basically play an E5 chord for about 30 minutes, just to see who's left standing at the end. 

Triple Zero

Quote from: Frenzied Destruction on June 26, 2007, 06:41:04 PM
You dont need to worry about damaging your ears, just listen at a reasonable volume,as frequencys cant damage hearing, but volume can. Id worry more about live shows, if hearing loss is something that scares you.(also, id suggest getting a pair of ''musicians earplugs'' you can still hear anything, but you get to not go deaf at insanely loud concerts.)...I dont understand how harsh noise can ''piss someone off'',but hey,some people dont like tomatos, some do. oh, and illegitimate son of convention is pretty neat.

i was talking about live stuff, yeah.

on my HD i have a few "noise" albums (or what i would call "noise"):
- Winterkaelte - Drum'n Noise, but that's really structured and interesting to listen to
- HIV+, which i find kinda boring and is also a bit EBM/Goth/Industrial/Angsty kinda of that direction
- Merzbow - Frog, since Merzbow is a classic in the noise genre, i have it, but hm, "interesting" to hear once :)
- Bad Sector, which is more ambient noise, and i like ambient.

from your description, i would guess Merzbow is most close to what you make? i'm currently listening to his track "Hikigaeru Ga Kuru", which sounds kind of like some sort of demon with vocal cords that consist of an espresso machine combined with a circle saw trying to cut rocks, kind of thing. also not very structured either :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Frenzied Destruction

You should! also, if you want to see some crazy live noise shows, you should search on youtube for haters+noise..Theyve done things like lighten stages on fire,contact micing a table while they sanded it, and ripping apart hundreds of books and throwing the pages everywhere.Its pretty awesome stuff.
Oh, and triple zero---Yeah, merzbow would be the closest of those,Although I did a 16 minute wall noise recently(No changes, what you hear when the song begins is what it sounds like when it ends.Had a good title,though: "lets make out and vomit in each others eyes")