News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Squid's unlimited arts n craft n blah blah

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, May 21, 2009, 06:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Rubber is a bitch to work with anyway though.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

especially when it's old and dry and has never seen the glory of armor-all

Sir Squid Diddimus

I've been experimenting with different mediums and I've never worked with wood before so I thought I'd give it a shot and see what came of it.

This one was inspired by a couple friends of mine. The posture of the ladybot reminds me of the girl cause she's very girlie and feminine and the rabbit depicts her husband cause he was born year of the rabbit and has some weird connection to it.
It's acrylic and paper schematics on wood coated in polyurethane:

And this one is just a painting of a wind up toy Mr Squid has on a small piece of wood. No top finish:

notathing

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 10, 2010, 09:48:58 AM
Cranked this out today.
Mr Squid soldered in an LED with a battery holder thing and a switch on the back.

This shot is with the flash so you can see the colors and texture

This is with lower light so you can see his lamp

It's 10X10
(that's 25.4 centimeters for eurospags)

Feh, it looks better in person.

dude this thing is badasss. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on February 21, 2010, 08:54:02 PM
I've been experimenting with different mediums and I've never worked with wood before so I thought I'd give it a shot and see what came of it.

This one was inspired by a couple friends of mine. The posture of the ladybot reminds me of the girl cause she's very girlie and feminine and the rabbit depicts her husband cause he was born year of the rabbit and has some weird connection to it.
It's acrylic and paper schematics on wood coated in polyurethane:

That totally would have been perfect in Robot Love!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

*sigh* I woulda loved to have been in Portland for that. This place sucks for art.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on February 22, 2010, 06:24:01 AM
*sigh* I woulda loved to have been in Portland for that. This place sucks for art.

Give them the art. And if they don't want it, give it to them the other way.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Storebrand

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 22, 2010, 05:53:44 PM
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on February 22, 2010, 06:24:01 AM

Give them the art. And if they don't want it, give it to them the other way.

Yes, this

Sir Squid Diddimus

Sir Squid Diddimus

I refined the lines on this one and added a light stain to bing out the wood grain cause I like the contrast of wood and tech

Jenne

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

E.O.T.

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on February 25, 2010, 04:38:43 AM
I refined the lines on this one and added a light stain to bing out the wood grain cause I like the contrast of wood and tech

BOTH 'BOT PIECES

are really cute. I like that they're diverse from each other in style. The colours you chose are great.

THAT WOOD

has total BING!
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Sir Squid Diddimus