News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

ROGER

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, March 11, 2014, 07:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

WHY DID I BOTHER SPENDING ALL THAT TIME LEARNING TO MAKE BEAUTIFUL GLASS BEADS???

https://www.etsy.com/listing/122322915/8-felt-pebbles-rusty-brown-and-grey-felt?ref=related-3

Fuck me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Here, let me sell you some wadded up lint.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

HAHAHAHAHAAHAAAHA

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It occurs to me that I could sell REAL rocks on Etsy, and people would buy them.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 07:28:13 PM
It occurs to me that I could sell REAL rocks on Etsy, and people would buy them.

DO IT! SELL POSTIVE QI ONES!
Exploit your Native American heritage!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Ben Shapiro

Add some Juggalo lyrics to it!

The Johnny

STEP 1: BUY $50 WADS OF LINT
STEP 2: FIND POSTMODERN GALLERY
STEP 3:  :?
STEP 4: PROFIT!
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 07:26:20 PM
WHY DID I BOTHER SPENDING ALL THAT TIME LEARNING TO MAKE BEAUTIFUL GLASS BEADS???

https://www.etsy.com/listing/122322915/8-felt-pebbles-rusty-brown-and-grey-felt?ref=related-3

Fuck me.

Um...Because the glass bead you made for Jenn doesn't soak up sweat and turn into a horrible hairball?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Red

You know- I just looked at their sales history. Out of 71 sales only 5 were those little felt "rocks". Everything else was just them selling wool to random people.

Who knew that people would rather not buy dust bunnies at $10 each? (Other than everyone with a brain, anyway)

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Red on March 11, 2014, 08:35:39 PM
You know- I just looked at their sales history. Out of 71 sales only 5 were those little felt "rocks". Everything else was just them selling wool to random people.

Who knew that people would rather not buy dust bunnies at $10 each? (Other than everyone with a brain, anyway)
That would exclude 95% of the population.
Though I may just be in a negative mood at the moment.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Jesus Christ. I will bet you ten dollars that person thinks they're an artist.

You could start selling your dryer lint, Nigel. Give them some competition.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Red

Quote from: :regret: on March 11, 2014, 08:38:44 PM
Quote from: Red on March 11, 2014, 08:35:39 PM

That would exclude 95% of the population.
Though I may just be in a negative mood at the moment.

True... the other 66 people could have just bought wool elsewhere, maybe even in bulk. At least they were smart enough to not pay for the felt "rocks" so maybe, just maybe, there is a little hope for humanity yet.

(insert motivational image here)

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 11, 2014, 08:46:17 PM
Jesus Christ. I will bet you ten dollars that person thinks they're an artist.

You could start selling your dryer lint, Nigel. Give them some competition.
The hilarious part? Those are the easiest things to make and some of the cheapest feltcrafts out there. Any kids who played with yarn and stuffing probably made some accidentally at some point. It's about as close to "art" as drawing a stick man is.

1) Take some cheap stuffing.
2) Ball up tightly.
3) loosely wrap some mixed wool around the stuffing ball so you don't see stuffing anymore.
4) Roll around in hands until wool is tightly wrapped around stuffing.
5) Sell to morons at $10 each.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 07:36:54 PM

Fuck me.

Um...Because the glass bead you made for Jenn doesn't soak up sweat and turn into a horrible hairball?

:lol: True. And actually, the satisfaction of knowing that my art will outlast me and not be mistaken for garbage and thrown away is pretty strong.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 10:57:58 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 07:36:54 PM

Fuck me.

:lol: True. And actually, the satisfaction of knowing that my art will outlast me and not be mistaken for garbage and thrown away is pretty strong.

Yeah, that one, we're still trying to figure out how the fabric survived the process.  Don't fucking tell, though.  This bugger is going to be passed down the family, so that every generation can look at it and say "HOW DO?"
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.