News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Newest photoshop!

Started by The Dark Monk, November 02, 2008, 04:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Monk

Title says it all, this is my newest photoshop in 3 steps of progression - the original, lightning clouds, modification + neon outerglow.

This was my first try with the lightning effect, myself in there was just filler and cheap myspace pic for the masses.
I think it ended up fitting pretty well though.
Lightning is pretty simple
Filter --> Render ---> clouds
Filter --> Render --> Difference Clouds
CTRL + L ----> levels ---> adjust with middle bar input levels
CTRL + M ----> Curves --> adjust if you like, not necessary.
Image --> Adjustments --> Color Balance (To whatever you like)
All done! Program used Adobe Photoshop
If you want to yoink my pictures, don't know why you'd want to but takem. Don't give me credit if you don't want to, I don't give a fuck. Say you did it if you like.
Comments, likes, dislikes? Have something completely irrelevant to anything? Please post!
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Triple Zero

personally, if i want a real cool lightning background i'll steal one from Yahoo Image Search and/or Flickr (YIS also searches Flickr btw), especially Flickr has a huge load of amazing photographs, and they're all tagged.

but, yeah, copyright, but if it's just for personal use, i'd go for that. it looks better than a modified fractal cloud that kind of looks like lightning.

for extra realism, take that picture again with a bright light shining on your back, from above (but cut the lightsource out of the pic of course). that way it'll match up with the lightning flash shopped behind you. i'd leave out the neon glow, but just subtly adjust the levels/curves of your photograph so the colours match up with the lightning flash as well. if that doesn't work, consider taking out the colours entirely and work in grayscale first.

good luck :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Dark Monk

Yeah, this was my first attempt at a lightning effect, I've seen some awesome ones, but they're so mega complicated and hard to make it's insane. Since I like to create my own graphics or whatever you'd like to call them, it will take me a while to figure out a way to create actual bolts instead of highlighting and expanding between clouds, which looks like lightning to me, doesn't give a bolt effect, more of a random static effect.
~MIAB~

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

hrrrmm...i must say that this is very lame. lo siento homie

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Dark Monk

Hell yeah  :mrgreen:
That coats 5 years old.

You broke my heart Fred. Hurt me here <3.
Rofl XD
It is lame ain't it?
<------Mad fan of the ultimate lame.
~MIAB~

nostalgicBadger

A for effort, I guess, but uh...
have you considered using Photoshop for something other than filters?

Seriously, "Pen", "Airbrush" and "Clone" are sweet as hell.
You should check them out some time.
meh.

Cramulus

on the proper use of filters:

http://www.wiolawapress.com/
photoshop filters reveal alien presence

on the image content:

that stuff near your knees - I imagine it's sneakers and stuff? Doesn't make any sense in the finished image. Makes it look like you've got withered little legs dangling off your body.

Payne

nostalgicBadger

Quote from: Cramulus on November 03, 2008, 06:54:43 PM
on the proper use of filters:

http://www.wiolawapress.com/
photoshop filters reveal alien presence

on the image content:

that stuff near your knees - I imagine it's sneakers and stuff? Doesn't make any sense in the finished image. Makes it look like you've got withered little legs dangling off your body.

It kind of looks like excess jacket.
meh.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: TheScarletReaper on November 03, 2008, 12:53:50 PM
Hell yeah  :mrgreen:
That coats 5 years old.

You broke my heart Fred. Hurt me here <3.
Rofl XD
It is lame ain't it?
<------Mad fan of the ultimate lame.

sorry but all you did was make a cheesey background and put a filter on yourself :\

when you manipulate photos its best not to be able to tell exactly which filter was used

KEEP TRYING!!!! you can improve!!! yaaaay!

The Dark Monk

*shrug*
Think what you like, this is what Discordia is about!
I personally prefer the filters that distort the whole picture, including the main object.
Most people don't.
Then again, I am in this for myself, but if you get enjoyment out of it, continue to smile!
~MIAB~

Triple Zero

:roll: i think this falls under the category "constructive criticism", ScarletReaper. if you don't want it, i dunno why you posted it?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Dark Monk

Of course I like criticism, don't get me wrong, but suggestions on how to improve the effect itself are much more appreciated. I'm not offended at all or anything like that in the least, but just saying something is cheesy and no examples is no help at all.
Also - first try. I will keep improving on the background effect, I don't plan on leaving the entire thing empty.
The lightning effect was actually the focus, not me in the middle, as explained on the very first post.

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 02, 2008, 10:15:45 PM
personally, if i want a real cool lightning background i'll steal one from Yahoo Image Search and/or Flickr (YIS also searches Flickr btw), especially Flickr has a huge load of amazing photographs, and they're all tagged.

but, yeah, copyright, but if it's just for personal use, i'd go for that. it looks better than a modified fractal cloud that kind of looks like lightning.

for extra realism, take that picture again with a bright light shining on your back, from above (but cut the lightsource out of the pic of course). that way it'll match up with the lightning flash shopped behind you. i'd leave out the neon glow, but just subtly adjust the levels/curves of your photograph so the colours match up with the lightning flash as well. if that doesn't work, consider taking out the colours entirely and work in grayscale first.

That, IMO, is a much better criticism than:
Quote from: Frederieke Noodle on November 03, 2008, 09:43:24 AM

That's it.
Also goes with the rule - Don't post if you don't want to hear other peoples thoughts!
You may not like them all, and if you're going to get hurt, don't ask for any.
~MIAB~

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: TheScarletReaper on November 03, 2008, 11:12:02 PM
Of course I like criticism, don't get me wrong, but suggestions on how to improve the effect itself are much more appreciated. I'm not offended at all or anything like that in the least, but just saying something is cheesy and no examples is no help at all.
Also - first try. I will keep improving on the background effect, I don't plan on leaving the entire thing empty.
The lightning effect was actually the focus, not me in the middle, as explained on the very first post.

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 02, 2008, 10:15:45 PM

That, IMO, is a much better criticism than:
Quote from: Frederieke Noodle on November 03, 2008, 09:43:24 AM

That's it.
Also goes with the rule - Don't post if you don't want to hear other peoples thoughts!
You may not like them all, and if you're going to get hurt, don't ask for any.

i elaborated in a later post.

i get told my drawings look like pube wigs, so whateva