News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

From the Wooden Womb (pic heavy)

Started by Roaring Biscuit!, April 14, 2011, 04:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: E.O.T. on April 15, 2011, 04:23:25 AM

THAT THING

rules. tell about it, please.

Well, I guess the first thing to clear up is that I didn't make the neck, it was a B-stock neck that I brought back to health (cheaper that way :)).  The body is solid walnut finished with danish oil, most of the carving on the body (apart from the scroll) came about through ergonomic considerations or spontaneous whims.  It's got a Wilkinson wrap-around bridge, which I love, even though the intonation is a bit of a pain to set up.

Ermm...  the pickups are from a semi-local guitar parts supplier, pretty much their cheapest humbuckers (around £20 each) and I was a little worried that they would sound it but thankfully, they really don't.  Tone-wise, this is probably one of the nicest guitars I've ever played and doesn't seem to suffer from that characteristic humbucker muddiness.  Also, the bridge pickup is coil tapped, so you can switch between humbucking and single-coil.

I think that's everything interesting :)

xx

edd

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Doktor Phox on April 15, 2011, 01:40:35 AM
:aaa:

I'd drop a pretty penny on that baby.

yes please.  not that one, but you know...

GUESS WHAT I'D LIKE TO DO INSTEAD OF HAVING A REAL JOB   :lol:

Phox

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on April 17, 2011, 10:33:48 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on April 15, 2011, 01:40:35 AM
:aaa:

I'd drop a pretty penny on that baby.

yes please.  not that one, but you know...

GUESS WHAT I'D LIKE TO DO INSTEAD OF HAVING A REAL JOB   :lol:

Oh, we can talk about that, yes. Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm pretty broke. But hell yes, when I can afford a new guitar I'll get a hold of you.

Jenne

Roaring Biscuit!

This is what I've been working on recently, and also one of many reasons I have not been what one might call "active" of late.

It's made of walnut, rosewood and spalted ash, it's also electro acoustic.  and PRETTY:

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Eve Hill

Roaring Biscuit!

thanks guys!

those are actually kinda shitty pictures, I might try and take a video tomorrow morning, 'cause finish gives this really nice kinda hologram effect, where the wood is different colours from different angles.  Maybe I'll do a song too :P

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on September 11, 2011, 12:03:15 AM
thanks guys!

those are actually kinda shitty pictures, I might try and take a video tomorrow morning, 'cause finish gives this really nice kinda hologram effect, where the wood is different colours from different angles.  Maybe I'll do a song too :P

It's that wood that acts like tiger's eye stone? Wow...  :D
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Dysfunctional Cunt

You do amazing work, both are gorgeous!!

Freeky

AND I STILL WANT TO KNOW HOW TO PLAY GUITAR!!!!! :argh!:

Jenne

Me too, Freeky--I've taught myself to play a VERY LEEETLE bit of ukelele.

RB, you do some fucking awesome shit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

PLAY guitar? Shit, bitch, I still just LOOKING at they.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."