News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Fans of drama on my Facebook are in for a treat today.

You thought the Lys stuff was over the top?  Hah, just you wait.  It's still going, btw.  6 hours later.   :lulz:

LMNO

Is this the "ISIS targets German tourists" post?

Meunster

Wait. Pepper spray is banned in the uk?

What are pointy sticks banned too?
Poe's law ;)

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Meunster on January 13, 2016, 01:28:39 PM

If you are thought to be carrying it about with intent to use as a weapon then yes, I think they are...
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

LMNO

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on January 13, 2016, 01:05:25 PM
Is this the "ISIS targets German tourists" post?

Yes

Yes

Quote from: Xaz on January 13, 2016, 01:38:31 PM

If you are thought to be carrying it about with intent to use as a weapon then yes, I think they are...

Pretty much, yes.

Of course, I have a certain amount of leeway, because I live here and work here, and so I can carry things that might otherwise look suspicious on the streets.  Pepper spray is specifically banned however due to the Firearms Act ("A person commits an offence if [...] he has in his possession [...] any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing.").  The laws on this vary pretty widely in Europe, too.

Cain

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO on January 13, 2016, 01:57:29 PM

Common misconception. This is for the unruly classes.

Gentlemen tend to train in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartitsu

The ancient art of beating the shit out of folk with a Pimp Walking stick.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

A walking stick would've been super helpful last month, when I crippled my knee.

Here is an abridged email conversation between my boss and myself:

Me: my co-workers are retarded and lazy.
Boss: I know

Pæs

Listening to the soundtrack of the Hamilton musical on repeat for days now. Highly recommend to all. It's a brilliant, largely hip-hop, retelling of Alexander Hamilton's life.

It's on Spotify, but here's a cabinet meeting on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm4lPfzjrRw

Pæs

Also amazing to see people freaking out over people of colour playing white people. It's ANARCHY.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2016, 11:31:09 PM
A walking stick would've been super helpful last month, when I crippled my knee.

Here is an abridged email conversation between my boss and myself:

Me: my co-workers are retarded and lazy.
Boss: I know

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have bronchitis, and a physics lab report to write. This should be fun.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

What's next? no closed fists. You might be preparing to hit someone.
Poe's law ;)

Faust

Quote from: Meunster on January 14, 2016, 08:10:22 AM

What's next? no closed fists. You might be preparing to hit someone.
I know its hard to put it in context when you live in a place that cant go three months without a school shooting, that pepper spray will seem quite a tame thing to ban in comparison, but it doesn't have any public uses other then assault, and self defence.

There is an argument to use it for self defence but its proven very ineffective in this regards as such it remains banned in most EU states.
Security guards can be licensed for it, police have it as standard I think so its not like its completely unused, just restricted to the public.

Same deal with tasers in most of the EU, oddly even more ineffective then pepper spray, and much more fatal then most people realise.
Sleepless nights at the chateau