News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mundus Imbroglio on March 23, 2016, 12:25:51 AM
Hello C an' S, Pennyworth, LMNO, Roger, and Lucifer,

Thank you for the welcome.

Quote from: LuciferX on March 22, 2016, 08:45:36 PM
Quote from: Mundus Imbroglio on March 22, 2016, 01:34:00 AM

2. This someone is almost certainly not completely (or even mostly) benevolent.

Promulgates false dichotomies.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 22, 2016, 04:55:29 PM

1. Someone is pulling strings somewhere,

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Thank you for your consideration.

May your days be interesting,

M.I.

My days are a litany of despair, they're so interesting.  Every day, you should thank the uncaring void that you don't have to endure the stark daily horror of being The Good Reverend Roger.

I do that sorta shit so good folks like you don't have to.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Goddamnit, I didn't become a Discordian so that new people could show up and CHANGE things!

GET LOST, NERDS

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 23, 2016, 02:57:33 AM
Quote from: Mundus Imbroglio on March 23, 2016, 12:25:51 AM
Hello C an' S, Pennyworth, LMNO, Roger, and Lucifer,

Thank you for the welcome.

Quote from: LuciferX on March 22, 2016, 08:45:36 PM

2. This someone is almost certainly not completely (or even mostly) benevolent.

Promulgates false dichotomies.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 22, 2016, 04:55:29 PM

1. Someone is pulling strings somewhere,

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Thank you for your consideration.

May your days be interesting,

M.I.

My days are a litany of despair, they're so interesting.  Every day, you should thank the uncaring void that you don't have to endure the stark daily horror of being The Good Reverend Roger.

I do that sorta shit so good folks like you don't have to.

Truly, we are blessed.

minuspace

I trust that by attracting the powers that be, Mondus Imbroglio :) will find what it is looking for.

Acuddle

D'oh, somehow missed that post !

Hi, I'm Alban and I live in a town in south France, near Toulouse.
Studied statistics, but didn't find any job, and now I am babysitting an non-profit organization about mentally disabled people producing a monthly podcast broadcasted on radio, was even recruited at some point as tech support.
I was autistic since I was a kid, and believe I encountered fairies who healed me by some sort of surgery. Psychiatrists were baffled, as it's supposed to be incurable but was curing itself anyway.

I was interested in the occult when I was a teenager, and found the Principia in my searches. I really liked it and its "spirit", and lamented the obsessional orderliness of my mind and its incapacity of generating uncontrolled amounts of chaotic thoughts. :sad:

During by statistics studies, I discovered moe-anime and started writing philosophical articles, piecing together a philosophy made of Spinoza's Ethics, moe concepts and the Principia (I'll put it on in Bring and Brag soon~), and happily embraced (some kind of) Erisian faith.
The disillusion of studying for nothing and five years of job seeking gave me depression, so I'm lacking motivation, all the time.
I was trained to deejay two years ago which, lately, gave me had the curious idea of mashing up music despite my total lack of musical (and other artistical) sense. At least I get to mix and make adorable cover arts !

I also like roleplaying, enjoying playing priest in D&D and starting to assemble Call of Cthulhu-like scenarios :transmet: (in a homebrew mixed universe between CoC, World of Darkness and other things).

And that'll be all.
Hail Discordia, and hi to you all ! (Discordia in drops is also good.)

Vanadium Gryllz

Hi, new person. I like your enthusiastic use of post formatting.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Freeky

CBXTN

I'm gonna formally introduce myself since I'm a bit more than a Zoophilia Advocate;

My name is Cbxtn (pronounced ceh-BASH-chin). Synchronistically, after St. Sebastian. Most of my friends know me as Baxton ("peace town" [paxton]), and my family knows me as Alexander (I'm going through the alphabet [I have my eyes set on Daxamander after I've finished the tasks of Cbxtn {ZYXONAN here I come}]).

I've been familiar with Discordianism since college, but never got involved in the community (until now). I'm a highly spiritual person and believe in a divinely ineffable entity which encompasses all things. I used to call my practice Philoepistemontolosophy, but then I changed it to Hypo-Gnosticism. Recently, I saw the the beauty and truth in Christianity and the words of brother Yeshua, so now I call my practice Venereal Christianity. Venus Christ is the Gentle Unseen Hand that is within us all. Remember, Venus and Eris are sisters and are two halves of the same coin.

I'm a monk and I'm traveling across the U.S. writing a book of poetry and other stuff. Currently heading to Chicago. Let me know if you wanna have a conversational beverage with me ^_^ . I've never hitchhiked but I've always wanted to.

Additionally, I'm in the process of forming an anarchist monastery called The Martyrs of the Holy Nameless. There are about three of us, and each are doing our own thing. Really, it is a decentralized monastic collective which spiritually affirms each persons individual practice. We practice self-denial and unconditional giving as a way of building peace.

All in all, I am seeking to connect with other absurdist anarchic thinkers. It is true - we plant the subtle seeds of confusion, and from those seeds grow the Revolution (as in, to revolve, or circulate, circulation, like breathing).

(Also, I'm seeking Professor Cramulus. How can I find him?)

trix

There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

CBXTN

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CBXTN on July 31, 2016, 05:27:36 AM

(Also, I'm seeking Professor Cramulus. How can I find him?)

You find him on Facebook or the IRC channel. 

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 31, 2016, 05:09:24 PM
This is why I don't sign my work.

But then you'd get PMs like I get PMs.

Speaking of which, I have like 30 saved up and I should get on that.

Balthazar the Concerned

Hey guys!

I'm Balthazar and I'm from Idaho, the potato capital of the world. When I'm not meat-puppeting for the man I try to make sense of things. I have failed miserably in this regard. It really could be turtles all the way down. I knew about Discordianism way too early to appreciate it and read the Principia Discordia embarrassingly late. Eris shouted something into my ears but I've the metaphorical cotton shoved too far in there to hear, now I'm in search of the metaphorical tweezers to pull it out.

The wise man Douglas Adams once said:  "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

I've been so much of a make-sense-of-things-aholic that I forgot to stop and smell the roses. I need a support group or something. I'll happily settle for something.