News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Feedback to GASMs

Started by Gretel, March 22, 2009, 11:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gretel

Even though I'm quite new to this forum, I'd like to contribute some ideas. Just yesterday I visited postergasm.com, egggasm.net and suchlike adresses, they just don't exist. So why not put a hint on the posters, in the eggs and such to direct people to those pages? Could contain more information, more posters or even more mindfucks. You could get an "unique code" into the eggs for even more disturbance. And we would be able to see some more feedback, see how many actually think about the posters, maybe watch how confused people are talking to each other about disturbing posters and the intention of them.

So, any interests in that?

Cramulus

Hi Gretel! do you mean we should create the websites postergasm.com, egggasm.net and suchlike addresses? Are you willing to pony up the cash to launch them?  :p

good call on the direct feedback.  in the recent egggasm thread, we were just talking about setting up a message board we could direct people to.
My concern with putting a URL on some of those posters is that it's one of those things that you'd see and go "Ah, it's trying to sell me something." Without an obvious hook to pull you deeper, the posters stand on their own weird little moments. But I can see the benefit of doing it both ways.

Cain

It might be worth putting them in some, but not many.  The sort of people who would look are most likely the sort who want to get in on the prank anyway, so it may be worth linking up things like Egggasm with Postergasm and with PD in some way.

Gretel

As far as I know, this wouldn't cost more than other nice little things like the fortune cookies or the cost for posters, at least the domain. I probably could get us some space, but I have to say I'm a total noob on things like that, so I'm not sure if this would work.

I was just wondering if there was something planned. Or if we already have a discordian server for hosting such pages.

Cramulus

no, nothing's planned. I wonder what you should see if you went to a principiadiscordia.com/poster url?

it'd be funny to put http://www.principiadiscordia.com/chat on posters - that connects right to #discord

I also like the idea of a chan style board specifically for people who saw posters.

what do you think should be at the url on the posters?

Cain

Chat would probably be the best.  Mostly controlled environment, not directly on the boards, "chat" has informal and non-commercial connotations.

Gretel

Wouldn't a chat only work, when there are enough people in there? Nothing is more boring than an empty chat. So something like a guestbook or a small board would be more appropriate. It would make sense for us to fake some more interest and write a few entries with weird ideas what's behind the posters. Maybe someone who actually spoke with the man in the green jacket ;) So people think, that actually there is something going on, they don't understand.

It would also be nice if we hint, that there are more posters/eggs/whatsoever, giving clues to find them and promise some great insights to turn on curiosity. So not just do an initially mindfuck which let them think just one day, but get them into something that leaves them fucked up for weeks.

And the best, it's all true. When they follow our hints, they could possibly find us, learn about "reality", change their mind and go fucking up with other peoples minds.

Golden Applesauce

When I put posters up, I leave an email address on them.  Not as good as a board, but still fun.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cainad (dec.)

I need to make an alternate email address and start putting it on stuff. I might be able to rope in other asshats that I'm not acquainted with yet IRL.

Triple Zero

HOLD THE PRESSES--

IT'S http://www.principiadiscordia.com/irc

:-)

before you go ahead and print the wrong url on your poster ... :)

Quote from: Cramulus on March 22, 2009, 10:25:10 PM
no, nothing's planned. I wonder what you should see if you went to a principiadiscordia.com/poster url?

it'd be funny to put http://www.principiadiscordia.com/chat on posters - that connects right to #discord

I also like the idea of a chan style board specifically for people who saw posters.

what do you think should be at the url on the posters?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 24, 2009, 09:56:28 AM
HOLD THE PRESSES--

IT'S http://www.principiadiscordia.com/irc

:-)

before you go ahead and print the wrong url on your poster ... :)

:lulz: that explains the issue I had getting on the other day