News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 02, 2015, 03:27:38 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 02, 2015, 02:59:22 AM
Looks like there's a possibility that my Peru Study Abroad might be cancelled due to low application volume. As of last night, there were only four completed applications including mine.

Now we wait and see, I guess. It will make my summer schedule very challenging if this six credits suddenly vanishes from existence.

Also, failure to travel = suckage.

That, too, would be a real bummer from bummer-land.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 02, 2015, 02:56:09 AM
Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on May 02, 2015, 02:00:46 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 02, 2015, 01:53:50 AM
Congrats on the job, Bear!

Sorry about your dog's eye, Freeky.

Lab went well today; 413 slices of snake brain processed on slides. We finish Sunday, and then we start sticking them under the microscope!

Woo, fancy!  Good luck with the snake brains.

Wait, you're Freeky? FOR MONTHS I HAVE BEEN THINKING YOU WERE PIXIE.

And I was wondering why your folks were taking your dog to Mexico, but then I was like "Well she used to live in the US, maybe her folks still do".

:lulz:

Freeky

Looks like there's a possibility that my Peru Study Abroad might be cancelled due to low application volume. As of last night, there were only four completed applications including mine.

Now we wait and see, I guess. It will make my summer schedule very challenging if this six credits suddenly vanishes from existence.

BOOO. :(

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on May 02, 2015, 05:16:53 AM

Lab went well today; 413 slices of snake brain processed on slides. We finish Sunday, and then we start sticking them under the microscope!

And I was wondering why your folks were taking your dog to Mexico, but then I was like "Well she used to live in the US, maybe her folks still do".

Just more proof that when someone changes their name and avatar, they may as well become a whole new person as far as I'm concerned. I'm totally the kind of person who wouldn't recognize her own boyfriend if he suddenly changed his facial hair.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on May 02, 2015, 05:18:12 AM

It'll work out. Somehow. I have already formulated a sort of backup plan that would probably totally work.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 02, 2015, 05:41:12 AM

Just more proof that when someone changes their name and avatar, they may as well become a whole new person as far as I'm concerned. I'm totally the kind of person who wouldn't recognize her own boyfriend if he suddenly changed his facial hair.

So you're saying that if I was on your list to be Nigeled immmediately, if I grew a mustache and changed my name I'd be moved back down the line?

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 02, 2015, 05:41:51 AM
Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on May 02, 2015, 05:18:12 AM

It'll work out. Somehow. I have already formulated a sort of backup plan that would probably totally work.

Indeed!  Good luck!

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on May 02, 2015, 05:56:55 AM

So you're saying that if I was on your list to be Nigeled immmediately, if I grew a mustache and changed my name I'd be moved back down the line?
This is very useful information. I will start selling it to warlords and arms traders immediately.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

After X years on this board, I have a rule that if you change your screen name to something unrelated to the previous one, you're a completely new person to me, until proven otherwise. Cuts down on assumptions.

Hi, Freeky!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, pretty much... except that I don't have a list, it's more about random interactions. Brownian motion on a macro scale, if you will.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 02, 2015, 06:05:37 PM

Well, pretty much... except that I don't have a list, it's more about random interactions. Brownian motion on a macro scale, if you will.
So it is like a mosh-pit?
I'm hoping Nigel is the burly tattooed biker guy, and not the skinny-emo with anger issues or the spikes-on-every-surface goth.
Burly thinks it is cute if you push him and will either cover your back or buy you beer.
Skinny thinks the pit is an actual fight and is taking it too serious. It can only end with him alone in the pit and feeling dominant or with him crying.
Spike is usually just oblivious that he leaves everyone bleeding.

I'm pretty sure Nigel is not the coward at the edge kicking into the pit who flees when he gets pulled in.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 02, 2015, 06:44:36 PM

I'm hoping Nigel is the burly tattooed biker guy, and not the skinny-emo with anger issues or the spikes-on-every-surface goth.
Burly thinks it is cute if you push him and will either cover your back or buy you beer.
Skinny thinks the pit is an actual fight and is taking it too serious. It can only end with him alone in the pit and feeling dominant or with him crying.

I'm pretty sure Nigel is not the coward at the edge kicking into the pit who flees when he gets pulled in.

You're hoping? I would hope you have enough experience with me by now not to have to hope.

Cain

Things I learned on Facebook today:

Chemtrails cause global warming
The TV show Firefly shows a hatred of women that some people find disturbing and scary
The greatest crime of the white man is when his children sneak into your garden and vandalise stuff and you promise to pay but not everything is paid for
That due to the fact the more coffee you drink the longer you live, I will live forever.
That Jhonen Vasquez is, unfortunately, still alive, and trying to sell Invader Zim again.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 03, 2015, 12:39:36 AM
Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 02, 2015, 06:44:36 PM

You're hoping? I would hope you have enough experience with me by now not to have to hope.
I dunno, some people change in the pit. Then again your omnipresent cosmic dildoes are always in the Brownian pit.

Demolition Squid

Came home early from camping because ugh I feel horrible.

Property alert tells me there's a place at the very top of my price range available from July.

It is going to be tight - very tight - but I'll finally be in my own place if all works out okay.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho