News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

No war with Iran? LETS FIGHT CHINA

Started by Cain, November 27, 2013, 09:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 27, 2013, 01:27:04 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 27, 2013, 09:38:57 AM
Here's the thing - when the US decides to initiate AirSeaBattle against China, it wont tell them.  So seeing unknown warplanes with no transponders on, not responding to Chinese air traffic controllers (military or otherwise), looks like the opening strike of a war.  That's how serious this is.

And my estimate of humanity in general drops another peg.

It was only a matter of time.
We're fucked.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Auscultare of the Fatigue

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 27, 2013, 06:50:23 PM
Quote from: Auscultare of the Fatigue on November 27, 2013, 06:10:02 PM

China wouldn't be allowed to call in the debt. One main reason our debt is so large right now is because so many countries wouldn't think twice about lending to us for the simple fact that we always pay our debts back, with interest, on time.

:whack:

Correct me if I'm wrong?

whenhellfreezes

Quote from: Auscultare of the Fatigue on November 27, 2013, 11:33:11 PM

China wouldn't be allowed to call in the debt. One main reason our debt is so large right now is because so many countries wouldn't think twice about lending to us for the simple fact that we always pay our debts back, with interest, on time.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Well for one bonds are structured payments. You can't call in debt for those. The only thing you can do is choose to stop buying more which is what China has chosen to do.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 27, 2013, 06:01:21 PM
Quote from: von on November 27, 2013, 05:32:23 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 27, 2013, 11:28:25 AM

>And we know how much value Asian societies put on face.

This seems flawed. Sure, there is "face" at stake, but in the all-in-all, there is also, oh, I dunno, their whole fucking economy.

wonder what percent of their manufacturing sector would collapse if we decided to say fuck it and engage a full embargo on them tomorrow. China would go from a "almost relevant" to "shit tier" nation over night...

Are you actually serious here? What makes you think that the USA wouldn't end up in a way worse position? For a start, China would call in ALL THE DEBT. How do you think that will end?

Poorly for everybody.

Faust

Correct me if I'm wrong?

The accrued collective debt has surpassed 17 trillion. It's built up over decades and is impossible to pay back even if every last penny of the GDP for a year was used to clear it.

I'm baffled and genuinely curious as to where you could have picked up that notion from?
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pæs

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/9456882/China-sends-warplanes-into-defence-zone

QuoteChina has sent warplanes into its newly declared maritime air defence zone, state media reports from Beijing say.

The flights came after South Korean and Japanese flights through the zone added to the international defiance of rules Beijing says it has imposed in the East China Sea.

China's air force spokesman Shen Jinke said several fighter jets and an early warning aircraft were sent on normal air patrols in the zone. He was quoted by the state news agency Xinhua.

Shen described the flights as "a defensive measure and in line with international common practices." He said China's air force would remain on high alert and will take measures to protect the country's airspace.

Without prior notice, Beijing began demanding on Saturday that passing aircraft identify themselves and accept Chinese instructions or face consequences in an East China Sea zone that overlaps a similar air defence identification zone overseen by Japan since 1969 and initially part of one set up by the US military.

That was tested just days later by US B-52 flights - with Washington saying it made no effort to comply with China's rules, and would not do so in the future.

South Korea's military said its planes flew through the zone this week without informing China and with no apparent interference.

Japan also said its planes have continuing to fly through it after the Chinese announcement, while the Philippines, locked in an increasingly bitter dispute with Beijing over South China Sea islands, said it also was rejecting China's declaration.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Faust on November 27, 2013, 11:49:46 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong?

The accrued collective debt has surpassed 17 trillion. It's built up over decades and is impossible to pay back even if every last penny of the GDP for a year was used to clear it.

I'm baffled and genuinely curious as to where you could have picked up that notion from?

I thought everybody KNEW we were in hock to China for trillions? WTF?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 29, 2013, 12:00:22 AM
Quote from: Faust on November 27, 2013, 11:49:46 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong?

I thought everybody KNEW we were in hock to China for trillions? WTF?

That's THEIR problem, not ours, as ECH has mentioned.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: whenhellfreezes on November 27, 2013, 11:37:56 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Well for one bonds are structured payments. You can't call in debt for those. The only thing you can do is choose to stop buying more which is what China has chosen to do.

Shhh.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Your avatar lady is giving me douche chills. 

The Good Reverend Roger

whenhellfreezes

Quote from: Pæs on November 28, 2013, 11:35:20 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/9456882/China-sends-warplanes-into-defence-zone

QuoteChina has sent warplanes into its newly declared maritime air defence zone, state media reports from Beijing say.

The flights came after South Korean and Japanese flights through the zone added to the international defiance of rules Beijing says it has imposed in the East China Sea.

China's air force spokesman Shen Jinke said several fighter jets and an early warning aircraft were sent on normal air patrols in the zone. He was quoted by the state news agency Xinhua.

Shen described the flights as "a defensive measure and in line with international common practices." He said China's air force would remain on high alert and will take measures to protect the country's airspace.

Without prior notice, Beijing began demanding on Saturday that passing aircraft identify themselves and accept Chinese instructions or face consequences in an East China Sea zone that overlaps a similar air defence identification zone overseen by Japan since 1969 and initially part of one set up by the US military.

That was tested just days later by US B-52 flights - with Washington saying it made no effort to comply with China's rules, and would not do so in the future.

South Korea's military said its planes flew through the zone this week without informing China and with no apparent interference.

Japan also said its planes have continuing to fly through it after the Chinese announcement, while the Philippines, locked in an increasingly bitter dispute with Beijing over South China Sea islands, said it also was rejecting China's declaration.

Seems to me that the leaders of all these countries have decided that brinkmanship is the coolest thing in the world.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: whenhellfreezes on November 30, 2013, 01:32:30 AM
Quote from: Pæs on November 28, 2013, 11:35:20 PM

Seems to me that the leaders of all these countries have decided that brinkmanship is the coolest thing in the world.

HELLO, 1983!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 29, 2013, 06:57:45 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 29, 2013, 03:30:12 AM

It got ME all hot & bothered.

You're SICK, Mister.  :lulz:

How's everything? You've been kind of scarce. Holidays rocking, I hope!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 01, 2013, 01:26:54 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 29, 2013, 06:57:45 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 29, 2013, 03:30:12 AM

It got ME all hot & bothered.

You're SICK, Mister.  :lulz:

How's everything? You've been kind of scarce. Holidays rocking, I hope!

I've been sick.  So I took to my sick bed, and played Civ5 and read Eric Flint novels until my immune system drove out the horrible chest cold thingie.