News:

PD.com: We have 73 Virgins!

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

If anyone intends to add to the Pozible, it closes in nine days, so now is the best time.
http://www.pozible.com/eris
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

LMNO

Did I already drop some cash?  I can't remember.

[edit: yes, I did.  AND SO SHOULD YOU.]

Miley Spears

Quote from:  link=topic=32728.msg1215542#msg1215542 date=1350036950
If anyone intends to add to the Pozible, it closes in nine days, so now is the best time.
http://www.pozible.com/eris

I'd really like to help. But I just started college and I don't have any money.  :cry:
Keep your hands in your pockets when you're talking to me.

Placid Dingo

Pozible target met! Thank you!

Placid Dingo

Listening to Aretha Franklin singing O Happy Day while transcribing an Atheist interview in word. I feel kind of awkward.

The Good Reverend Roger

I think I'm going to bow out.

For what it's worth.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Placid Dingo

OK! I've been quiet on this for a while but things have been bubbling away under the surface.

I have seven spoken interviews completed including the compiler of the Apocrypher Discordia and rediscoverer of The Myth of Ichabod/Starbuck Dr Jon Swabey, Alleged namer of planet Eris, Anarchist, Chaote and Billboard Liberator Grandmaster Armidillo Curmudgeon, Tech co-workers Simon and Peter, Brisbane Marijuania culture veteran M, Crackpot historian Adam Gorighty, and Aaron who talks to me about the history of irreligion in Australia.

I also have something much more important; travel dates.

I arrive in Portland at 2.44 PM on the 5th of February. I jump through NorCal, SoCal, New Braunfels TX, New Orleans, Tenessee, L5P Atlanta Georgia, North Carolina, New York and Maine.

I then return to NYC, and fly out to Rio De Janeiro around 5am on the First of April, before progressing through Sao Paolo, Florianopolis, Brasilias and possibly Porto Velho. I then go home early on April 26.

SO, I'm going to start hammering out dates and rough plans ASAP but if you're in a particular areaq on the list (or that needs to be added) and you're keen to meet up and talk about your personal Discordia (and anything else you want to talk on) keep me in the loop and I'll try to bend plans around whatever works best for everyone.

I appreciate the support I've recieved so far, and am excited to meet with everyone.

Placid Dingo

Looking at a Portland meat up on saturday February 9, next year.

Does this sound like something people could get to/be into?

Placid Dingo

Portland 2/5/13 (MEATUP 2/9/12)
NorCal 2/10/13 (15 to 18 PantheaCon)
SoCal 2/19/13
Texas 2/25/13
Arkansas 3/1/13
New Orleans 2/4/13
Tenessee 3/7/13
Little Five Points (Atlanta) 3/11/13
North Carolina 3/15/13
Maryland 3/18/13
Maine 3/20/13
NYC 3/24/13 (30th of March is my birthday; intend to shindig)

Likely meat-ups - Portland, California (hopefully bowling in THE bowling alley), North Carolina and NYC and/or Maine. Possibly meeting a group in Boston too.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'll be here in February, fo sho!

You might want to format your America tour dates as month/day/year for more Americability.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I will most likely be in the Boston area around March.

hooplala

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 08, 2012, 01:15:44 PMPortland, California (hopefully bowling in THE bowling alley)

Dimo, how much do you know about THAT bowling alley?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Placid Dingo

Quote from: CAKE on November 08, 2012, 05:03:58 PM
I'll be here in February, fo sho!

You might want to format your America tour dates as month/day/year for more Americability.

ah yes, I did intend to do that.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 08, 2012, 05:06:04 PM
I will most likely be in the Boston area around March.

Perfect! Me too.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Hoopla on November 08, 2012, 05:53:59 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 08, 2012, 01:15:44 PMPortland, California (hopefully bowling in THE bowling alley)

Dimo, how much do you know about THAT bowling alley?

I'm not sure if thats meant for Dimo or I. 

Assuming typo, this page and the Gorightly page linked sum up my knowledge;

http://23ae.com/2011/12/the-brunswick-shrine/