News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

the GASM Feed

Started by Triple Zero, February 18, 2008, 03:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

the GASM Feed is no longer hosted on my old Elvicities account, but now resides at the much more appropriate URL:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/gasmfeed

some of you may ask, WTF is the GASM Feed? well it's some sort of thingy that leverages the social bookmarking power of web 2.0 in order to create a decentralized communication hub for the GASM projects. it also has a long tail.

SAYWHUT?

well basically it works like this:

- you wanna start a new GASM, or have something to add to an existing GASM? put whatever you got to say on a website somewhere (anywhere, can be a thread on PD.com, but keep it public, so no threads in O:MF or the GASM subforum, can be on the GASM Wiki, can be just a scribble on shorttext.com, whatever) then you bookmark this URL on your http://del.icio.us account (don't have one yet? get one!) and be sure to tag it with both "gasm" and "<something>gasm" based on the name of the gasm it's about. and a bunch of other tags you may like. (please don't tag the same things to multiple GASMs). after a while it will appear automagically on the GASM Feed.

- let's say you made pictures that are relevant to a GASM (currently that would probably be the posterGASM), simply upload them to your http://flickr.com account and tag them "<something>gasm". Flickr works a bit slower than del.icio.us, so it might take a day or so before the photos appear on the GASM Feed.

read more at the GASM Wiki: http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=Web_2.0

also, i think the GASM Feed still doesn't work in Internet Explorer, but I simply haven't had the chance to check it yet. I will fix as soon as i get the chance, though. Even though I dislike IE, the point of the GASM Feed is exposure, so the target audience must be as large as possible, no matter their complete disregard for basic computer safety :-P

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Requia ☣

GASMfeed gives a banner and nothing else in IE, (I swear I wasn't using it willingly, they don't have anything else at work.)
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

tyrannosaurus vex

lol

don't use IE then

www.portableapps.com :P
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Triple Zero

no but he's right, as i said in the OP, the point of OMGASM and the GASMFeed is exposure, so it should work in IE. i just .. well maybe i can kidnap my flatmate's computer somewhere next week, because there's no IE on this computer :) :)

[ok there's a crappy old IE6 on the 'other side' of my bootmenu, but for some reason i castrated its internet connection to unbearable slowness, and i have no idea how to reverse it :)]
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

taking advantage of being at my parent's place this weekend, i fixed the GASM feed so that it also works in IE7 (and possibly even in IE6 as well).

only thing is that the CSS is being a bitch, so it doesn't look as pretty as in a decent browser, but it works.

Requia ☣

IE is the only thing I get to use at work I'm afraid.  (Dear goddess it sucks).

Triple Zero

i feel your pain. but it works now, right?

Requia ☣

Yes, yes it does, awesome.