News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 15, 2015, 06:21:15 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 04:58:00 PM
I have arrived at the point where I have to accept that my oldest kid has serious mental health issues that are not going to go away. I suspect schizotypal personality disorder, but I took a physiology track, not a clinical track, so I have zero diagnostic skills.

I seriously should have taken psychopathology instead of cognitive neuroscience.

Diagnosing and treating your own kids is impossible whatever degree you get. Sorry to hear all that's going on, it's hard for the person with the problem and hard for everyone dealing with it. Hope treatment is covered and productive.

And if you need help hiding the bodies of the peanut gallery over here, let me know...

Oh, I would never dream of diagnosing my own kid. But it would be really nice to have a greater understanding of symptomology, because clinical diagnoses are so heavily reliant on family observations.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 06:35:59 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 15, 2015, 06:18:07 PM
Quote from: Rev Thwack on June 15, 2015, 06:12:10 PM
Nigel, ignore the poo here... It said schizoid in reference to schizotypal and equated a personal interest with professional training in neurosciences... You can't make it look any dumber than its done to itself.

That's blatantly incorrect. I was referencing the relevance to the entire spectrum of disorders by bringing up my connection to another disorder on the spectrum, and specifying that I was NOT equating personal interest with professional training.

:troll:??

You are using the word "spectrum" incorrectly, FYI.

Oh, you're right. Schizoid and shizotypal are in the same cluster (A?) of disorders, not the same spectrum. My mind went to "spectrum" due to the name similarities. My bad.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

POFP

This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Cain

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 15, 2015, 06:59:12 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2015, 06:53:41 PM
Is this tumblr-kid, Nigel?

Am I being compared to something connected to Tumblr right now? Why?

No, and the question was directed at Nigel.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

YEP. Middle kid, who is my mini-me, blocked Tumblr here, so that may change things.

POFP

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You are irrelevant to this conversation.

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 07:06:49 PM

YEP. Middle kid, who is my mini-me, blocked Tumblr here, so that may change things.

Could also explain some of their recent behaviour.  Throwing into the mix tumblr's general unhelpful attitude towards mental illness something along those lines could explain quite a bit.

Rev Thwack

You're not the center of everything here, poo.
My balls itch...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 15, 2015, 07:07:57 PM
Wow, don't I feel self-centered and stoopid.

This is how you will feel throughout most of  your adulthood. Welcome.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2015, 07:08:40 PM

Could also explain some of their recent behaviour.  Throwing into the mix tumblr's general unhelpful attitude towards mental illness something along those lines could explain quite a bit.

Yep. It makes a lot of shit make much more sense.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2015, 07:08:40 PM

Oh he did that maybe 2 weeks ago? She just returned home last night.

Cain

Putting up 4 videos on teh Youtubes today, 3 with commentary.  First videoSecond videoVideo three (short)Video four (no commentary).  Bonus fifth video.