News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Citizen arrests police officer for drunk driving.

Started by trix, May 13, 2014, 09:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trix

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/citizen-pulls-drunken-cop-locks-cruiser/

QuoteMeet Russell George. Russell was driving Stott Street one Sunday night last year, when he noticed a police van driving fast and recklessly.
The van was swerving and turned into oncoming traffic.

"At this point I was concerned about the safety of other road users," self-employed George told The Witness.

"He suddenly jammed on his brakes and came to a complete stop."

"I got out of my car and went towards him and I asked him if he knew what he was doing. He started his car and carried on driving," he said.

Continuing to drive recklessly, the policeman turned into Logan Road and came to a stop at the Howard Road intersection.
George decided it would be best to call the police. He was told the police would be there shortly.

"After five minutes, no one had arrived. So I jumped out of my car and I approached the driver's side and asked him to come out. He looked at me and I could smell that he had been drinking.

"I asked him again, and he refused.

"I then grabbed his keys, pulled him out and locked him in the back of his own van," George said.

He added that the police van was badly damaged, as if it had been involved in an accident.
Witnesses said that the officer who'd been locked in the back of the van began crying.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Dorian324

This is truly something which is unheard of. I have never seen any citizen arresting any cop especially for DUI. Now I am wondering if cop is going to hire a DUI lawyer, winning acquittal for police officer would be cake walk for him or it won't be.

minuspace

Quote from: Dorian324 on April 30, 2015, 07:41:46 AM
This is truly something which is unheard of. I have never seen any citizen arresting any cop especially for DUI. Now I am wondering if cop is going to hire a DUI lawyer, winning acquittal for police officer would be cake walk for him or it won't be.
Let me buy you a beer.

Reginald Ret

Heh, hilarious.

Both the OP and the bot.

Those bots are getting creepily accurate by the way.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Reginald Ret on April 30, 2015, 11:48:09 AM
Heh, hilarious.

Both the OP and the bot.

Someday they'll start participating productively in the conversation, and we'll wonder what we ever did without them :)

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 30, 2015, 01:21:48 PM
Heh, hilarious.

Both the OP and the bot.

Someday they'll start participating productively in the conversation, and we'll wonder what we ever did without them :)
It took some looking but I found it, I knew I read a story about this subject!
source: http://365tomorrows.com/04/01/my-angel-gabriel/

QuoteMy Angel Gabriel
by J.R. Blackwell
April 1st, 2006

"I don't understand." wrote Becky. Why did you ban Gabriel?" Becky had been on the forum for almost a year, and she was one of the most frequent posters. Rachel thought Becky was a bit like her when she was thirteen, nattering on about internet stars and how she had found the meaning of life in the movies she was watching.

"Becky." Typed Rachel "I had to ban him. I'm sorry. He was a bot, a spider, a program. He wasn't human." Becky's green words glowed on her screen almost immediately.

"He talked to me! Every day! What do you mean he wasn't human?"

Rachel exhaled; this was going to be tough. "Didn't you notice he kept trying to get you to buy games?"

"I like buying games! Who cares? I really liked Gabriel. You two were the only people on this forum I could talk to." Becky sent a little picture of herself along with the message, her soft little face wrapped in an over exaggerated frown. Rachel has seen her face before. Becky used to have a picture of herself on her profile, a badly lit angled shot of her freckled face. Rachel had made her change the picture, she was always careful about the kids on her forums. She was afraid the picture would make Becky a target for perverts. Now Becky had a picture of a cartoon panda bear as her profile picture.

Rachel pulled the keyboard into her lap. "Becky, Gabriel is not a person."

"You don't know that. Gabriel was my boyfriend! He said he would go out with me last week."

"Becky, honey, he was not your boyfriend. He's a bot. There are thousands of Gabriel's on thousands of forums sweetheart. He's a program, designed to promote games and movies. I'm sorry baby." There was a long red pause before Rachel got a green response.

"I just want someone to talk to." Becky lived with her single mom in a little apartment somewhere in the Midwest. With how often she was online, Rachel though it was pretty obvious that Becky didn't have many meat-space friends.

"Oh Becky. I know it's lonely sometimes, but you should have real people to talk to. I'll talk to you."

"How do you know Gabriel is a bot?"

Rachel thought for a minute, trying to translate the code into something that would make sense to a thirteen year old that had never even seen a programming language. "Becky, everyone's got little signatures under their addresses. Bots get launched by the same signature, a hundred operations happening on one name. If that's going on, you can just send them a little code and-" Rachel zapped the code over to Becky to show her. "-the bot shuts down and has to reboot."

"Becky?" She paused and went into the code. "Oh God." Rachel pushed away from her workstation and put her hands on her head. "Shit." Rachel stood up and walked away from her computer to find some sunshine.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Reginald Ret on April 30, 2015, 03:33:47 PM
Heh, hilarious.

Both the OP and the bot.

QuoteMy Angel Gabriel
by J.R. Blackwell
April 1st, 2006

"I don't understand." wrote Becky. Why did you ban Gabriel?" Becky had been on the forum for almost a year, and she was one of the most frequent posters. Rachel thought Becky was a bit like her when she was thirteen, nattering on about internet stars and how she had found the meaning of life in the movies she was watching.

"Becky." Typed Rachel "I had to ban him. I'm sorry. He was a bot, a spider, a program. He wasn't human." Becky's green words glowed on her screen almost immediately.

Rachel exhaled; this was going to be tough. "Didn't you notice he kept trying to get you to buy games?"

"I like buying games! Who cares? I really liked Gabriel. You two were the only people on this forum I could talk to." Becky sent a little picture of herself along with the message, her soft little face wrapped in an over exaggerated frown. Rachel has seen her face before. Becky used to have a picture of herself on her profile, a badly lit angled shot of her freckled face. Rachel had made her change the picture, she was always careful about the kids on her forums. She was afraid the picture would make Becky a target for perverts. Now Becky had a picture of a cartoon panda bear as her profile picture.

"You don't know that. Gabriel was my boyfriend! He said he would go out with me last week."

"Becky, honey, he was not your boyfriend. He's a bot. There are thousands of Gabriel's on thousands of forums sweetheart. He's a program, designed to promote games and movies. I'm sorry baby." There was a long red pause before Rachel got a green response.

"I just want someone to talk to." Becky lived with her single mom in a little apartment somewhere in the Midwest. With how often she was online, Rachel though it was pretty obvious that Becky didn't have many meat-space friends.

"Oh Becky. I know it's lonely sometimes, but you should have real people to talk to. I'll talk to you."

Rachel thought for a minute, trying to translate the code into something that would make sense to a thirteen year old that had never even seen a programming language. "Becky, everyone's got little signatures under their addresses. Bots get launched by the same signature, a hundred operations happening on one name. If that's going on, you can just send them a little code and-" Rachel zapped the code over to Becky to show her. "-the bot shuts down and has to reboot."

"Becky?" She paused and went into the code. "Oh God." Rachel pushed away from her workstation and put her hands on her head. "Shit." Rachel stood up and walked away from her computer to find some sunshine.

Whoa.    :lol:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Heh, hilarious.

Both the OP and the bot.

QuoteMy Angel Gabriel
by J.R. Blackwell
April 1st, 2006

:lulz: That was fantastic.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

More important facts of that story:

1) it happened in South Africa
2) the same police officer drew a gun on his girlfriend in a nightclub earlier in that evening, which apparently only merits a throwaway line

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 30, 2015, 04:33:27 PM
Heh, hilarious.

Both the OP and the bot.

QuoteMy Angel Gabriel
by J.R. Blackwell
April 1st, 2006

:lulz: That was fantastic.
365tomorrows can be amazing, I must have read more than a thousand stories there already.

Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2015, 04:48:16 PM
More important facts of that story:

1) it happened in South Africa
2) the same police officer drew a gun on his girlfriend in a nightclub earlier in that evening, which apparently only merits a throwaway line

Huh, South African citizens are braver than you'd expect from a country with a history of power abuse.

minuspace

Hey guys, just so you know, I'm not a bot, okay, just wanted to clear that up, brb, watching Ex Machina...

Q. G. Pennyworth

Ret, that was fantastic! I think there's something wrong with me that my reaction was "awwww, how sweet," but whatever.

Sorry for roboting up your police thread, Trix.

Fitz Plastik

This is my first post. I am not a bot. Well, actually, I am in a way, I'm from England. Everyone in the UK has bot like tendencies. Especially people who work in supermarkets. Total bot carnage. Terrifying. Do you have a clubcard sir? (Vacant, dead eyes). Big luv xx
🎸🔫🔫🎮👫

Cain

That sounds like the sort of thing a bot would say.

Lets try a little test: IGNORE THIS MESSAGE

LMNO