News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

It's coming to me. He was a teenage father who's son was taken away from him after CPS found adult brony toys, and pot.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 24, 2014, 07:12:35 PM
Suddenly, everyone's a fucking mechanical engineer.  Decisions made over the protest of myself and Filthy Assistant are going forward that will "save" a grand total of $3500 up front, cost an additional $10,000 over the first 15 days, and cause a major disruption in production and quality standards.

Seriously considering just walking out the door and never coming back, on account of both the sheer stupidity involved and the implied insult.

It's small potatoes, money-wise, but I am just sick to fucking death with fucking office monkeys deciding that if it's blue collar, it must be easy, because blue collar people are stupid as evidenced by the lack of a business degree.

I fucking hate my job.  I fucking hate my coworkers.  I fucking hate this city.

Everyone take a minute and be grateful that I have no control over this country's nuclear arsenal.

One of the dumbest, most incapable, most bad-decision-making people I have ever known has an MBA.

I mean, this guy is EPIC, and cannot manage money to save his life.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 24, 2014, 09:40:11 PM
"Barry Honington" is officially disabled. The real cop uploaded proof of impersonation.

R.I.P. RWHN's ultimate form.

I don't even know what you're talking about, but  :cry:

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 24, 2014, 10:46:46 PM
Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 24, 2014, 09:40:11 PM
"Barry Honington" is officially disabled. The real cop uploaded proof of impersonation.

R.I.P. RWHN's ultimate form.

I don't even know what you're talking about, but  :cry:

My cop persona on facebook.

Left

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 24, 2014, 07:21:12 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on January 24, 2014, 07:19:08 PM
It's times like that I'm grateful for my crowbar.

Make sure the repair is slow and expensive. If it doesn't all explode anyway first.

I am not going to make sure of anything.  I am staying completely out of this.  And when the fucking thing goes sideways, I am going to ask the three knuckleheads involved PRECISELY how they want it fixed, since I require desk jockeys to tell me how to do shit.

I will probably be fired.  I don't care.

Dilbert principle in action?
I'm really sorry you have to put up with this shit.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 24, 2014, 09:44:29 PM
Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 24, 2014, 09:42:24 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 24, 2014, 07:12:35 PM
Suddenly, everyone's a fucking mechanical engineer.  Decisions made over the protest of myself and Filthy Assistant are going forward that will "save" a grand total of $3500 up front, cost an additional $10,000 over the first 15 days, and cause a major disruption in production and quality standards.

Seriously considering just walking out the door and never coming back, on account of both the sheer stupidity involved and the implied insult.

It's small potatoes, money-wise, but I am just sick to fucking death with fucking office monkeys deciding that if it's blue collar, it must be easy, because blue collar people are stupid as evidenced by the lack of a business degree.

I fucking hate my job.  I fucking hate my coworkers.  I fucking hate this city.

Everyone take a minute and be grateful that I have no control over this country's nuclear arsenal.

I'm furious that you don't have control in the first place.

You and me both, brother.  You and me both.

I am really sorry you work with a bunch of shitnecks.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2014, 01:33:48 PM
Thanks.

I'm also considering a possible Dishonoured playthrough.  Tests seem promising, though I have yet to test high impact combat on recording quality.  I mean, I could do the "moral" option of a stealth playthrough for Youtube, but that's a bit, well, boring.  And the subtitle is "Revenge Solves Everything".

Oooh yes plz. I thoroughly enjoyed that game, but I only completed one playthrough (high on the stealth, low on the murder). The biggest complaint people seemed to have was the blatantly obvious "twist" in the last part, but it didn't bother me at all. I think it must have been so obvious, my brain subconsciously accepted it as part of the natural progress of the story and I didn't think twice about it.

I don't know much about recording gameplay for YouTube, but I would agree that going for a more aggressive playstyle would help. I found myself constantly reloading when I screwed up the stealth too badly, whouch would probably make for a lot of editing.

Left

As I figured, roads on my way to work this afternoon were littered with shattered car bits. 
Apparently there were about 100 accidents in total in Houston this morning, according to the news.
I saw two wrecks being cleared on the way in to work.
This was in the afternoon, the roads had mostly become ice-free at that point. :|

...A friend texted me to tell me that a "running of the bulls," being held near where I live is going to get protested by animal-rights groups.
I hadn't heard of this, but I think any chance bulls have to actually mutilate or kill humans is a good thing.  Not inspired to protest.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Ben Shapiro

Todd Bryce is my new persona online. He's a really real Objectivist and Vegan.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 25, 2014, 04:06:23 AM
Todd Bryce is my new persona online. He's a really real Objectivist and Vegan.

Ah. Ok.

Bastard, next time this happens send me a message that says, hey it's Bear, or something like that.

Approval about to happen.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, kudos for remembering how to spell my name in Irish.

I had to beat that shit into my head when I first started learning it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

Oh, I forgot to mention...I haven't had a real cigarette in almost a month. Just the e-cig and while I know that's still not exactly good for me, I can already feel a difference in my lungs. Plus I am saving SO much money.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on January 25, 2014, 03:16:59 AM
Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2014, 01:33:48 PM
Thanks.

I'm also considering a possible Dishonoured playthrough.  Tests seem promising, though I have yet to test high impact combat on recording quality.  I mean, I could do the "moral" option of a stealth playthrough for Youtube, but that's a bit, well, boring.  And the subtitle is "Revenge Solves Everything".

Oooh yes plz. I thoroughly enjoyed that game, but I only completed one playthrough (high on the stealth, low on the murder). The biggest complaint people seemed to have was the blatantly obvious "twist" in the last part, but it didn't bother me at all. I think it must have been so obvious, my brain subconsciously accepted it as part of the natural progress of the story and I didn't think twice about it.

I don't know much about recording gameplay for YouTube, but I would agree that going for a more aggressive playstyle would help. I found myself constantly reloading when I screwed up the stealth too badly, whouch would probably make for a lot of editing.

Yeah, I started a stealth playthrough, but as you say, reloading would probably feature highly.  Almost certainly, since it's a blind playthrough anyway (well, after first meeting the Outsider, anyway).  I managed to escape Coldridge without major issue, except I screwed up at one point and so had to kill a guard.

The kind of extremely cautious play that stealth requires is just not as visually pleasing, IMO.  Playing it is tense as hell, of course, but all the viewer would be seeing is someone doing a lot of running away, crouching and, occasionally, knocking someone out and throwing their body in the river (which the game doesn't seem to register as a kill, oddly enough).  Whereas on a high chaos playthrough, you get to behead people and use their head to distract enemies.   I mean, it's obvious which is more fun.