News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

So freaking done with FB disco shit. It was liberating, refreshing really, to close the groups and just see friends in my feed again. Also much more time for PD.com, where people treat people right!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

The Wizard Joseph

Se :wave:e? I didn't even get called any variation of a fgt and there's real context to work with thanks to the wonderful emotes!

Have a fine day too sir!

:wave:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 29, 2014, 02:58:46 PM
So freaking done with FB disco shit. It was liberating, refreshing really, to close the groups and just see friends in my feed again. Also much more time for PD.com, where people treat people right!

Seriously. It was fun for a bit and I did meet some cool people, but holy shit it's just too much of a clusterfuck and has too many people who seem to think hurting other people makes them cool.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Camping was fun. I indulged in a number of mind-altering substances and stayed up until dawn. I'm almost back to normal now though, which is good because first day of school, squeee!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

The problem with TDS and to a lesser extent TDS2014 is that they are unmoderated. 

So you have monkeys trying to see just how far they can push it.  It's more harmful to them than to any of us...But it's what they wanted.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on September 29, 2014, 03:42:58 PM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 29, 2014, 02:58:46 PM

Seriously. It was fun for a bit and I did meet some cool people, but holy shit it's just too much of a clusterfuck and has too many people who seem to think hurting other people makes them cool.

When I first looked I to Discordianism, before I ever posted here, I came to expect amoral retards. My sources were not necessarily incorrect but shallow and incomplete. The fact that I just popped in here and LEARNED was a bit of kismet I think.

The dam broke when TDS went down. No tactics changed on tds2014 and the hordes of trolls went strategically unopposed. There was not much to stay for... so done. AND FEELING FINE!!  :)

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Yeah, TDS has gone right down the drain in terms of quality of discussion since TDS went bye-bye or whatever happened to it (I don't know, and more importantly, don't care).  At TDS2014, you could at least occasionally get a decent discussion, even if you had to start it yourself and filter out about 25% of the comments, but lately it's been overrun by 3edgy5me 4chan rejects (contrary to popular opinion, you can actually still have civilized discussions on 4chan...which is more than can be said for TDS2014).

I realise many of us were also major-league assholes, once upon a time (and many would argue we haven't changed since), but I like to think our methods and techniques were more refined, subtle and ultimately effective than whatever this pack of losers is trying to accomplish.

Doktor Howl

Hamish Howl is no longer, on Facebook.

Mike Martin ratted me out for my fake name, using his own fake account.  So I reported that account, and it's gone.

Now, Mike isn't his real name.  Mikael is.  Anyone care to report him for using a fake name?
Molon Lube

Cain

It'd be my pleasure.  Unfortunately, I'm not on under my real name either....might be able to do it under my real account, though.  Just checking, this is him, yeah?

Doktor Howl

Oh, and for Nigel...Here is the valiant white nationalist hero who preaches about "faggots" all day:

Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on September 29, 2014, 04:59:43 PM
It'd be my pleasure.  Unfortunately, I'm not on under my real name either....might be able to do it under my real account, though.  Just checking, this is him, yeah?
I've seen that asshat. He was one of the first signs of real trouble. He got banned Since then he's been using socks if he's been around at all. Not sure if what Howl was looking for.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube